GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Singing.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/07/05 at 00:32
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Is it possible to learn to sing? With practice and proper teaching techniques?
If you have never been able to sing, decently, will you ever be able to?

Or is it a born ability?
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:32
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Is it possible to learn to sing? With practice and proper teaching techniques?
If you have never been able to sing, decently, will you ever be able to?

Or is it a born ability?
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Everyone can sing to some extent. For some it comes naturally for others it can be taught. It's like a musical instrument really. There are those that can teach themselves and become wizards without any real teaching input and there are those that can learn, just it takes more time and a lot more practice.

I can't sing properly: I'm tone dumb (dumb, not deaf). Never really bothered me until I started playing geetar and I wanted to be able to sing along in tune. I'm still fairly poor (I can only sing in the keys of A & G) but much better than I was originally and that's simply come from developing a more musical ear.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:42
Regular
"Colourless"
You can learn to sing.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:43
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yes you can.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:44
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Almost everyone can learn with practice to sing decently well, but to be really good is all about delivery and putting some spirit into it... which is more to do with talent, not rare talent, but talent nonetheless.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you're not deaf to pitch and tone then you can learn.
You'll have to take lessons and you'll feel silly practising breathing at first, but it's good stuff.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
Just like anything really, you can learn to be good at it from scratch but to be great you have to have a raw, natural ability.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:49
Regular
"Divine Davine"
It also can be a born ability though. If you were born into a naturally musical family, then you could inherit this.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Out of interest, how many people here are singers or have sung in front of people? I don't mean once at an Xmas party in front of family, I mean on a regular basis to crowds of strangers?
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:56
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah I'm in a band - I have sang quite a lot in front of large crowds, and we're hoping to pick up soon. Just need to find a bassist and a drummer, heh - they are very, very rare in our area! :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.