GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another MoJo night out"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/07/05 at 13:10
Regular
"That's right!"
Sadly without pictures (I forgot my camera) or my gang of BEANO mates (though there is a mention of Stone Cold Psycho Bennett)

So, some people's contracts are up at work, and Friday was their last day. For the last two weeks I've been working evenings training new people so I’ve been away from my team. We went to the pub at 12 for some chips and a pint so we could give Gemma, the unfortunate (or fortunate, however you wanna look at it) one to be going from our team her cards and presents (my message in the card was the best, hands down)

Just so you know, Gemma is exceedingly short, so of course I had to wear this t-shirt.

[URL]http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=411[/URL]

Mine's green and red and 'tis very good.

Anyway, I went off to do my usual job and at 8pm left work and headed to the metro station. Along the way I see a girl called Laura who was working evenings also, who was rather lovely and wanted some company. She's got this thing about sitting on guy's laps and I was no exception. I'd say it's because she fancies me, but she does it with the guy sitting opposite her at work when they're waiting for the metro too. She does enjoy feeling my arms and stomach though...

So I'm sitting with a nice lady on my knee and as a metro goes in the opposite direction I spot Stone Cold Psycho Bennett in it. Don't know if he saw me wave... Anyway, my metro arrives and the lovely, curvy and blonde Katie is waiting for me on it. So I sit next to her on the metro, again with Laura on my knee and we go to town (minus Laura as she got off at another stop)

The "What's he doing with HER?!" looks start as Katie and I walk along with linked arms (do they really find it so impossible that I'd be going out with someone that nice- oh wait, I see their point, but I'm not going out with her so it's fair enough)

We meet about 10-15 people from work who've already been out a few hours and Gemma has these "girl's night out" cards which have dares on that you have to pick from the deck. Stuff like "Go to the bar and ask for the barman's special whilst winking" or “Go to the toilet and…” All very well indeed, but she was mostly handing them out to the lads. Jason, a manager, came back from the bogs with his shirt inside out, Craig had to dance like a girl by himself and Katie came back from the bogs with toilet roll coming out of her skirt. Yes, hilarious... Though apparently buttoning up a shirt which is inside out is very hard to do, I'll have to keep that in mind for future reference...

We go to another bar and I get talking to John, who's basically been my boss for the past two weeks and loves me because I'm good at my job and I can insult Gemma like nobody else. We're talking grade A short jokes every day for several months. Aww, poor girl. She knows we love her really.

Lots of heavy drinking (treble vodkas were £3 and I had people buying them for me) and watching Gemma, Katie and co dance like lesbians in-between pish-taking sessions. And some mortal guy in the bogs told me to make love to him... then warbled on about Sunderland football team being crap. He could barely look me in the eye, he was so gone. But at least he supported Newcastle with pride.

I must really be feeling my age because after one more bar I was considering going home (catching the last metro for free instead of staying and having to pay 10 quid for a taxi later on) John's bird showed up, which sort of put a downer on things as she didn't know anyone else there, and I remember talking to that Craig kid for ages about how I knew his brother, how much paintballing hurts and how I wished I had Photoshop at work instead of having to use paint to put certain stuff together. He took my email address and said he'd email me a link to the newest version, and hey presto, when I finally got out of bed this morning it was there waiting for me (he sent it at 9am, God knows what he was doing up at that time)

I didn't get to say goodbye as most people had already gone off clubbing thinking we were gonna catch up, but I didn't fancy paying 6 quid to get in somewhere then spend the night trying to track them down again so I stumbled back the metro station, sent a few goodbye texts (though I only had three people's numbers, but at least they were all of nice looking ladies) then caught the last metro home at about midnight. Only about 3 hours of drinking, damn I must be past my prime... But I was nicely drunk, had a laugh, watched some raunchy dancing, got to make fun of Gemma for the last time (until I get bored and text her) and now have stories about people at work and what they do when they're drunk.

Back to normal hours on Monday, I won't see Laura again and Natasha (another girl I was training) knocked me back when I asked for her number (said I wasn't trying hard enough to get it, but I couldn't tell if she was being serious or just teasing me, the sexy little minx, ah well, at least I can still email them both, which they’ve asked me to do) Back to normal work again, which sucks, because when I'm training new people I'm feared and respected. On daytime hours I'm just another cog…

Now I’m hungover and I’m meant to be going to The Wal’s brother’s BBQ… might not bother but I need to give his brother some money for the holiday tickets… Ah well.
Sun 24/07/05 at 11:18
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea, they're probably too gone, to even realise what you are doing. Where I live, you can't even go out without getting a bunch of chavs starting on you, but then when you sort them out, they go off moaning and crying, and come back with even bigger gangs. It really sucks.

So, when I go to a pub, I'm going to make sure I'm not drunk, and that way you can be more cautious and not risk getting a glass over your head. :)
Sat 23/07/05 at 20:28
Regular
Sometimes when I'm feeling cheap I've gone out and just drank free tap water from the bar. Still managed to make a night of it. Although I usually need a bit of alcohol to get me dancing, sometimes I just have to remember that everyone around me is too drunk to be worrying about what I'm doing. :-)
Sat 23/07/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hedfix wrote:
> Gin!?
> Ah you ARE old. :P
> I drink Gin when I'm raiding the very last of the drinks cabinet.
> Had it with grapefruit juice but it's still HORRIBLE!

I've been drinking it since I was 16 and it's more or less the only alcoholic thing I drink.

On a good night out I'll usually have 5 or 6 doubles and that's plenty for me.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Alcopops are for kids.

Beer is a blokes drink.

Spirits (with optional different mixers) are more refined. Not rubbishy Bac & Coke, tut tut. Jim Beam, Absinthe, Ziviniav - classy spirits :-)

Also Gold-label tequila is delicious.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:46
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Ms NY wrote:
> Sweet. Tried it?
> The Diet Lemon Coke was pretty yucky.

I had both, they were quite nice, but I preferred the normal one. Vanilla coke isn't bad either.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "The best bit was the T-shirt Hell Reference.
>
> Did you find your shirt cost was equal to the postage cost?"
>
> Na, I think the cost's alright, added together it's still about the
> same as buying a t-shirt in town with some less funny comment on it
> (I've got another one on the way, that'll be number four from
> t-shirthell)

The overall cost is ok and it turned up pretty quickly too, with a funny recipt :-)

I've only got the one from them but I'll invest more when I get money. I think the 'rape is no laughing matter ... unless you're raping a clown' is pretty decent.

I've currently just got the School Shootings Tour one, because I'm a sick puppy.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:39
Regular
"cachoo"
Vergil wrote:
> Yea, they have had lemon coke for ages. ;)

Sweet. Tried it?
The Diet Lemon Coke was pretty yucky.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:38
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea, they have had lemon coke for ages. ;)
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:36
Regular
"cachoo"
Vodka/Coke is fowl. Considering they're both my favourite drinks, I don't like em together. I used to *hate* Reef, now I like it. Used to hate Smirnoff, now like it. And Raspberry Archer's is something everyone should try. It doesn't even taste like alcohol, so when you go to stand up, you're confused for a few seconds as to why you're drunk..
Something's changed.. I'm turning into an alcopoppy girl.. :'(

Um.. are they selling Lemon Coke yet?
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:28
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Indeed. Probably the high school dropouts or something along those lines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.