GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digital Camcorders"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/07/05 at 15:40
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I'm interested in buying a Digital Camcorder but hardly know anything about it. I'm interested in possibly making some home videos and transferring them to my Hard Drive. How much space is this going to take up? What format will this be in? What sort of price for a good digital camcorder? How long can you film for on a digital camcorder? Can you buy a digital camcorder that films directly to AVI and is easily transferrable to PC using USB and can also store a few hours on its built in hard drive?

Just post anything you think might be helpful to me in buying a Digital Camcorder.
Fri 22/07/05 at 17:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Peter Venkman wrote:
> Are your video samples on the highest quality available because they
> are good quality for the very low price.

They were compressed using Windows Video Maker from the 640x480 WMVs the camera records. Depends on the purpose the video is for - mine was for streaming on the net, so I made it quite low quality. A bigger file would have been nearer the original quality.

128Mb does about 13 minutes, so 1Gb should do over an hour. Then you can just replace the card and carry on filming, or transfer it all to PC.
Sat 23/07/05 at 13:36
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Thanks for your help.
Sat 23/07/05 at 13:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just buy the damn thing and help save SR!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.