GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tonight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
BBC2 9pm "Extras", the new comedy from Gervais & Merchant.
I'll be watching without question, Ben Stiller is the guest tonight.

But I promise you, without doubt, it's going to get slammed both here and in reviews because of The Office.
I love The Office and I'll happily say so, but I've spoken to a couple of people and there's already a backlash towards it and, without having seen an episode, of Extras.
People seem to resent somebody being succesfull, plus they think it gives them some kind of non-existent "net cool" to be one of those "Yeah, I prefered their early stuff" kind of people.
I asked them how they can rubbish Extras before they've even seen a single episode?
"Oh I've seen Gervais interviewed and he's turned into such an ego monster, he thinks he's really funny and he's not"

Fair enough, each to their own but I'll be watching tonight.
It might be good, it might be bad. It won't be The Office and that's enough for me.
Thu 21/07/05 at 18:25
Regular
I think it looks good, and Sammy J is one of the guests one week, so it's bound to be good at least that week.

I saw Brent on *cough*Richard And Judy*cough* yesterday and apparantly when he was presenting at Live 8, Brad Pitt came up to him and said "I'm a big fan" then lifted his glasses to say "Brad, by the way" (in case he didn't recognise him).

Even though it's not one of his jokes or anything, it's still funny to imagine it, though my mum didn't get it.

Anyway, yeah, I'm looking forward to it, although there's no doubt I'm going to miss it.
Thu 21/07/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I like Gervais

Apart of me expects it not to be amazing but that is going to happen after The Office. Though, I'd rather they stopped putting so much emphasise on 'guest' stars.

Same idea as a character on Chewin' The Fat up here in Scotchland
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:30
Regular
Quality.

Just quality.
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:31
Regular
Do you know who I am?

Starsky or Hutch, I can't quite remember

Was that supposed to be funny?

I dunno, you were in it

Aha
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Do you by a pair then throw one away?"
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Well that was very good I thought. Managed to create the same kind of sticky and awkward situations that we saw in "The Office" but they weren't so similar that it felt like a cash in.

Those last two minutes were quality. :)
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ah crap, I forgot. I was really looking forward to it too. Anyone know if/when it's repeated?
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:41
Regular
Quality? WTF I thought it was very poor and I'm not even comparing it with The Office. "Wasn't very good" said my brother and mum, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I really wanted to like it, perhaps I need to see more episodes. But for the first episode I was rather diappointed and only a few lines from Ben Stiller got a laugh out of me.
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:41
Regular
There were scenes that could have come straight out of the Office, especially the scene with the Japanese woman, but Gervais' character is different enough, it seems, to not be the Office Mark 2.

Anyway, it was awesome. But everything Gervais does is, it seems.

Favourite bit - Gervais listing the reasons not to go out with Goran because his wife had been murdered.
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:43
Regular
Already I'm the odd one out with comments of quality and awesome being mentioned :S maybe it's me that got it wrong. I'll go see what others make of it because I'm pretty sure it wasnt that great at all. To each his own I guess but still... aiyaa ¬_¬.

Okay it seems that on other sites, some people loved it and think it's better than the Office and others who like me were disappointed but hopeful that it might get better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.