GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Natural Born Killers 2 (Chavs)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 20:56
Regular
Today, despite not liking to kill little silvery insects in my kitchen, I was compelled to end the sorry life of some chav kids.

This afternoon I was reading a textbook for my uni project, when I heard something hit my window. As it happened again I realised that a bunch of local ferral chav kids were throwing stones at my flat's windows.

Edit: Post match analysis showed them to range 1cm to over 1" lumps of brick and stone.

My immediate impulse was to go out there and..

what exactly?

Despite them being [lets not get into name calling - we all know what they are], a moment's thought curbed my urge to batter them - chav lowlifes or not, they were just kids.

So I thought about my options:

Beat up little kids - it's not really on, however much fun it might be.

Call the police - would they care? I guess if it was a call to the station, rather than a 999 call, maybe that's a decent response.

Go out there and talk to them - If you're not actually going to back it up with violence, what do you expect to happen?
Best case scenario? You take them back to their parents, who actually care and do something about it.
Realistic scenario? You end up in a position where you have to either do something or back down. Neither of which is a good outcome.
And then, there's the distinct possibility that when faced with the little scum, I'd lose my composure and mess them up despite my best intentions.

In the end, they eventually gave up, while I mulled over what to actually do. Fortunately my windows are still intact.
I felt like a complete idiot for not doing *something* though.

Am I being too soft? Are they fair game for taking a beating?

What would you have done?
Thu 21/07/05 at 23:52
Regular
If it happens again, I think I'm going to go confront them, and make sure I keep my composure.

I'll see if they run off. If not I'll challenge them in an angry tone and see what happens.

If I figure I can take whoever I come up against, I feel that I can go as far as I like verbally, and retaliate in a proportionate way if they try anything.

I'm not sure what I'm going to say though, or what I'll do if they just don't care or challenge me to 'do something about it'.

Hopefully it won't come to me having to back down, but even if it does, I figure it's better to have stood up and tried to do something than to let it slide.

But that philosophy is part of something wider.

Last weekend, in the evening, I was walking out of work (part-time supermarket bi+ch), and a little way ahead of me was a transvestite/transexual girl (now) who had just started there.
3 chavs, presumably getting drunk, started shouting offensive crap at her.
And I did... nothing.

There've been other incidents too, in the time that I've been in the area. I'd like to be a stand-up kind of guy, instead of a bit of a puppy, but so far I just swallow it every time.

Hopefully I won't mark myself (or more to the point my windows) out as a target
Thu 21/07/05 at 23:19
Regular
If he's got two hundred mates to draft in why not?

They could form a rebel army. The Teesside Tigers.
Kidnapping and brainwahing the ferral chavs, instead of rubbing them out.

Actually that sounds like an excellent idea...
Thu 21/07/05 at 18:02
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> If it was me and I wouldn't feel bad since they would probably be the
> same age as me, I would go outside and take them on.
>
> with a copule of hundred mates

This is possibly the stupidest idea ever.

Ever
Thu 21/07/05 at 17:16
Regular
If it was me and I wouldn't feel bad since they would probably be the same age as me, I would go outside and take them on.

with a copule of hundred mates
Thu 21/07/05 at 07:05
Regular
"8==="
Come at them with a bucket of water and if they don't run then throw it all over them. :)
Wed 20/07/05 at 22:05
Regular
"That's right!"
That's a tough one. If I was rock solid and confident in my ability to deal with any situation, I'd go out and tell them to stop. If they run off to get their dads/brothers/cousins I could stamp on their heads.

But, being me, I'd do what you did. Nothing and hope for the best.
Wed 20/07/05 at 21:07
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Usually if you run at them they leg it, unless of course they're bigger than you, in which case you'd be screwed.

Taking them back to their parents isn't advised. Yes, there's a small chance that they'd be very nice people who have somehow managed to raise an utter git as a child, but it's far more likely that the parents would be just as bad as their children and assuming he hasn't left and started several other families, the father would probably beat the crap out of you.

What would I have done? If I was on my own then I'd have left them alone. There's no sense in going into a fight out-numbered. If I had someone to watch my back, then I might have run out screaming like a nutter and waving a pitch-fork.

Who knows...
Wed 20/07/05 at 20:56
Regular
Today, despite not liking to kill little silvery insects in my kitchen, I was compelled to end the sorry life of some chav kids.

This afternoon I was reading a textbook for my uni project, when I heard something hit my window. As it happened again I realised that a bunch of local ferral chav kids were throwing stones at my flat's windows.

Edit: Post match analysis showed them to range 1cm to over 1" lumps of brick and stone.

My immediate impulse was to go out there and..

what exactly?

Despite them being [lets not get into name calling - we all know what they are], a moment's thought curbed my urge to batter them - chav lowlifes or not, they were just kids.

So I thought about my options:

Beat up little kids - it's not really on, however much fun it might be.

Call the police - would they care? I guess if it was a call to the station, rather than a 999 call, maybe that's a decent response.

Go out there and talk to them - If you're not actually going to back it up with violence, what do you expect to happen?
Best case scenario? You take them back to their parents, who actually care and do something about it.
Realistic scenario? You end up in a position where you have to either do something or back down. Neither of which is a good outcome.
And then, there's the distinct possibility that when faced with the little scum, I'd lose my composure and mess them up despite my best intentions.

In the end, they eventually gave up, while I mulled over what to actually do. Fortunately my windows are still intact.
I felt like a complete idiot for not doing *something* though.

Am I being too soft? Are they fair game for taking a beating?

What would you have done?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.