GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films you must see before you're 14"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 17:38
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4699393.stm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.bfi.org.uk/education/events/watchthis/top50.php[/URL]

I have seen 9 of those. I haven't even heard of a lot of them. There are a good number of films on there that I'd never have dreamt about watching pre-14, 'Some like it hot' and 'To kill a mocking bird' for example. Also, the failure to include any of the good Disney films makes the list completely void.
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:33
Regular
"0228"
They also recommend the 1996 version of Romeo and Juliet. Definitely not a nice film, two suicides including Romeo shooting his brains out, and various other blood filled scenes due to the replacement for swords being guns. Oh, and very few people under 14 would follow the dilogue anyway.
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:29
Regular
"360: swfcman"
gamesfreak wrote:
> I swear "Kes" isn't a nice film.
>

Its not a nice film, and it certainly isnt for kids.

But it is indeed a superb film.
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:16
Regular
"You've upset me"
Would put them off heroin.

Awesome film.
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:09
Regular
Kids should all see Trainspotting.

Would put them off drugs for life.
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:06
Regular
darkcrystal wrote:
> "Labyrinth"

I used to love that film.
Wed 20/07/05 at 18:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
And I've seen 10 of those.
Wed 20/07/05 at 18:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
gamesfreak wrote:
> I swear "Kes" isn't a nice film.

I read the book, haven't seen the film, but if it's what I'm thinking it is then, no it isn't.
Wed 20/07/05 at 18:58
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
"The classic 1970s Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (I haven't seen the new one yet, mind.) They should also see some more mature stuff too - perhaps Schindler's List? But none of this kitsch The Sound of Music nonsense - they're children, not imbeciles."

"Flight Of The Navigator and Labyrinth should be in the list. If you've had the pleasure to see either of the films then I don't need to explain why."

"Watership Down, which still scares the heck out of me as an adult, but is supposed to be for children."
Wed 20/07/05 at 18:52
Regular
I swear "Kes" isn't a nice film.

Unless I'm thinking of something else
Wed 20/07/05 at 18:26
Regular
Night of the Hunter....how the funk is that a kids movie?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.