GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamecube vs xbox vs ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 15:17
Regular
which of the next genaration consals do u think will end up the best?
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:17
Regular
which of the next genaration consals do u think will end up the best?
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:25
PS2, no question about it!
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:26
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
I betray everyone on the ps2 forum but .....Gamecube
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
GameCube

Oh come on. You're telling me that anything is going to beat Perfect Dark Zero.

Don't even think of saying MGS2. I'm sorry but that would be the stupidest thing I've heard all day.
Sun 03/06/01 at 15:40
It will be difficult to judge which next gen console will do the best due to the fact that the PS2 out already, and the others will not be out until at least the Autumn. The PS2 has a captive audience as it already has shipped out many PS2's, and there are a wide range of anticipated games out soon, such as GT3.

Another factor affecting the success of the next gen consoles will be the fact that the consoles are primarily aimed at different parts of the market. The GC will aim itself primarily at the people that bought the N64, and would like more Mario and anything made by Rare. It will have a few good sequels of Perect Dark, and I dare say that a GoldenEye sequel is long overdue, with or without a film. The PS2 will aim itself at what some may call the "casual gamer", those that like to play games whenever they have spare time. The X-Box however will be aimed at those who have experience both in PC and console gaming. My fear about the X-Box is that it faces criticism from hardcore PC and console gamers, as console gamers will not buy it because of the fact that they will be liable to downloading patches and installing games, even though downloading patches is better than having bug ridden games. It also faces ridicule from the PC owners as it will be like a mini PC, and may not be taken seriously.

The raw number of sales on cosoles will not be a true indicator of how successful a console is, but I think the number of games bought to consoles sold will be a good way of telling which console is the better.
Sun 03/06/01 at 16:09
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Ok this is my true view-

By the time MGS2 and GT3 are out the Gamecube will probably be out as well and and no matter how much people say PS2 will be better, I say - NO CHANCE!!! Just wait for Perfect Dark Zero, Wave Race:Blue Storm, Metroid, and Rogue Squadron 2. You may say that they are just sequels to old games but so are MGS 2 and GT3. Anyway they are sequels to already great games. However, I have one doubt about PD Zero and that is that I have no idea how you improve on PERFECTion. Hold on a minute, I thought that about Goldeneye and then Perfect Dark came out. Oh well , I know I can trust rare to come up with something absolutely amazing. Just think of online play with PD Zero.

On the topic of next generation consoles I think that X-Box will just be a PC hooked up to a TV so I'm not going to be getting that. However, having said that, the PC does have some really great games but again, having said that, I already have a PC so why would I want another. In my opinion though it will still sell by the millions because it is made by microsoft, the definition of quality. The PS2 will also sell brilliantly (and already has) but only because of the success of the original playstation. I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. Then we come to gamecube, the JESUS of them all. I don't think it will sell the most though. In fact I probably think both PS2 and X-Box will outsell it because whenever anybody thinks of Nintendo they immediately think of kiddies games. This is a shame because I think Nintendo and Rare (who only develop for nintendo machines) provide the best and most enjoyable video games around. I know which console I'm getting. I can't wait.
Sun 03/06/01 at 16:14
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
ps2 followed closly by GC

X-box aint got a chance
Sun 03/06/01 at 16:16
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You're right about X-Box in terms of gameplay. But the other two are the wrong way around unless you're talking about sales.
Sun 03/06/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
The_Vottanator wrote:
Nintendo and Rare (who only develop for nintendo machines)
Rare made Timesplitters for the PS2
Sun 03/06/01 at 16:23
DanDaGr8 wrote:
Rare made Timesplitters for the PS2

Actually, it was 2 people that left rare that made it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.