GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Resident Evil"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 11:48
Regular
Via the latest edition of Famitsu magazine it has been revealed that Resident Evil 5, the anticipated follow up to the fantastic Gamecube survival horror, will be appearing on the Playstation 3 and X-box 360.

It is not a massive suprise considering Nintendo's new direction for gaming. There is also no confirmation that there won't be a Revolution version of the game... just Capcom, as of yet, know little about the system and how the game would work (well they probably know more than you and I).

Further compounds the need for two consoles for Nintendo fans still craving the usual gaming experience. I've already decided to pick up an X-box 360 this Christmas but naturally the Revolution is still top of my list.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Fri 22/07/05 at 00:04
Regular
have you watched the trailor? u can see it at ign, it does looks very much next gen, maybe not with the character models, but most defo for the enviornment and the way the light reacts with it. It looks like real life, moments i mean are when he's looking up and u can see a kinda resi4 viewpoint, and when he's running and the camara is fixed to the ground as everyone runs past.
Thu 21/07/05 at 22:14
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Dringo wrote:
> It looks strikingly similar to RE4... I mean this is a next gen game
> and it the step in graphics is barely noticable.

I wouldn't say the step up in graphics is "barely noticeable", but it certainly is smaller than what I was expecting.

It's nothing like the leap from PSone graphics up to PS2. Obviously as we move closer to photo-realism, the differences will continue to get smaller and more subtle, but I don't think we're quite at the stage where we can't really see the differences yet.

A bit worrying, but I won't pass any real judgement until I see it in motion.
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:31
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
bah, i can tell from still shots, i need to see stuff in motion
Thu 21/07/05 at 20:46
"period drama"
Whu?
It looks much better.
Thu 21/07/05 at 17:43
Regular
Seen the video and it looks great and all but...

It looks strikingly similar to RE4... I mean this is a next gen game and it the step in graphics is barely noticable.

So tell me exactly why it isn't coming to Revolution?

It's the same with loads of the games I've seen. They look nicer than X-box games etc... but only a little nicer.

I'm still looking forward to it.
Thu 21/07/05 at 16:14
Regular
"8==="
I think I'll start off with 360 and then if the PS3 is noticeably better (and if I can stomach the controller - always an issue with me and sony consoles) then I'll start getting multi-format titles on the PS3 and just get Live titles on the 360.

Thing is on the 360 you get an online gamer score for games you complete and that appeals to me (I like my gaming stats) and may infact make the 360 my main choice for multi-format games afterall.
Thu 21/07/05 at 16:14
Regular
"\\"
Bejam wrote:
> If you haven't already seen them, here are the first shots of the
> game.
>
> [URL]http://www.jeux-france.com/images4_4326.html[/URL]

Are those zombies crawling through the mist in the centre of the second page?

Certainly looks like it.

Hurrah.
Thu 21/07/05 at 16:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh.. I am now pretty sure I'll be getting more than one. Revolution for Nintendo titles when it comes out, PS3 or Xbox 360 for stuff (like Resi 5?) that doesn't come to Cube.

Though I dunno whether it'll be an Xbox 360 or PS3 I'll go for.
Thu 21/07/05 at 16:01
Regular
"8==="
Alright then, I though you might've been trying to pull a fast one.

*Narrows eyes*

Anyway, I'm going to get all three providing the PS3 has a harddrive (otherwise Xbox Live will steam-roller over it), although even then I'll probably get it for the some exclusives.

Doubt I'll get PS3 at launch because of (dum dum da!) Halo 3, oh yes Mr Gates' plan is working well already.
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You've got the wrong end of the stick, I deliberately changed my quottage.

First I said that I'd wait for specs, though you argued that actually watching gameplay footage would be of more use.

Yep, I have to agree with that. Specs can be diddled with, and the best judge is actually to see the footage from the consoles and compare that.

Therefore I changed my quoted text to that. Simple as.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.