GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Resident Evil"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 11:48
Regular
Via the latest edition of Famitsu magazine it has been revealed that Resident Evil 5, the anticipated follow up to the fantastic Gamecube survival horror, will be appearing on the Playstation 3 and X-box 360.

It is not a massive suprise considering Nintendo's new direction for gaming. There is also no confirmation that there won't be a Revolution version of the game... just Capcom, as of yet, know little about the system and how the game would work (well they probably know more than you and I).

Further compounds the need for two consoles for Nintendo fans still craving the usual gaming experience. I've already decided to pick up an X-box 360 this Christmas but naturally the Revolution is still top of my list.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Sat 30/07/05 at 15:05
"Retarded List"
I believe that Nintendo did the right thing by not showing Revolution properly at E3, but people are only going to wait for so long before becoming bored.

Unless they show what it can do soon, their whole 'secretive' plan may back-fire on them.
Sat 30/07/05 at 14:22
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Which, actually, makes a lot of sense.
>
> It's bad marketing to me.
>
> Every day Nintendo wait to prolong the announcment of Revolution is
> another day where people only really aware of the Xbox 360 and PS3
> choose between the only two next-gen systems they know of.

I think you'll find, although clearly in competition, that Nintendo plan their new system to overthrow anything Sony and Microsoft have planned.

So when they reveal it doesn't really matter too much.

Just a slight dissillusioned pain.
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It may also be a bad move because prolonging the release of information does nothing but create hype and force speculation. What if it turns out to be nowhere near as good as everyone hoped and the mystery was for nothing?

Would be a disaster for Nintendo...
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Which, actually, makes a lot of sense.

It's bad marketing to me.

Every day Nintendo wait to prolong the announcment of Revolution is another day where people only really aware of the Xbox 360 and PS3 choose between the only two next-gen systems they know of.
Wed 27/07/05 at 18:04
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
mutant arabs :O:O
Wed 27/07/05 at 13:10
Regular
resident evil in the desert? mutant camels?
Tue 26/07/05 at 15:52
Regular
lord vader wrote:
> Man what a bumber that it is not comeing to nintendo but there is
> still hope use the force nintendo come on han old buddy dont let me
> down

By the sounds of NOA's comment it looks like the reason RE5 hasn't been unveiled on Revolution is because it is being held back until Revolution's full unveiling.

Which, actually, makes a lot of sense.
Tue 26/07/05 at 00:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Legendary Link wrote:
> CVX is on gamecube now isnt it?

Yep.
Tue 26/07/05 at 00:30
Regular
CVX is on gamecube now isnt it?
Mon 25/07/05 at 20:12
Regular
"The definitive tag"
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> i much prefer chris to leon (people who played CVX will know why). but
> can u really blame capcom for only releasing on PS3 and Xbox? at the
> end of the day capcom don't really mind who it is that are playing
> their games
, as long as lots of people are, thus making more money.
> and i just can't help but think that 5 year olds are getting their
> mums to buy resi 4 for them, maybe throw the disc around a bit, spill
> some juice on it, then just run around the village with the shotgun
> and then dieing. over and over. capcom don't want that. they want
> mature gamers playing the game the way its supposed to be played
. im
> not saying that there arent mature gamers like that who own cubes, it
> just i think there are many more who own PS2's or xbox's. from
> capcom's POV, it seems like the best move.

Bit of a contradiction there...

Regarding your comment about the maturity of gamers, I hardly think that Gamecube owners are less 'mature' than PS2 or XBOX owners. Most of the Gamecube owners on this forum display a decent level of maturity, whilst over in the PS2 forum it's a different matter.

The maturity of a game type doesn't always dictate what sort of person will play it. For example, just because games like Pikmin are of a more light-hearted nature than something like GTA, that doesn't mean that four year old's will always choose Pikmin and twenty-five year old thugs will always pick GTA.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.