GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What You're Looking Forward To, And Why"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/10/04 at 00:37
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
For me it's obviously HALO 2 and GTA. Why? Because i'm human.. But aside from those 'givens' on XBOX and PS2, Ghost Recon 2 would have to be another big one. I quite liked Ghost Recon on XBOX and after having lost a good 140 hours of my life to Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow (Collectively), I'm quite looking forward to Ghost Recon. Not only because it's online. But because they've ripped off the OTS cam from SOCOM 2 I liked that game. It's being made by Red Storm, a la Rainbow Six, so voice recognition should feature in the game, but if not, it's no big deal. Being able to communicate in the field takes good timing and quick decisions, so Ideally, it should be in there. It also looks amazing. I don't know if anyone else here has IGN Insider, but their video clips of it, especially the larger sized one, show off what is quite an impressive looking game. The weather effects look good. The soldiers look well rounded, and full of polys. And the scope or draw distance, as with it's predecessor, looks pretty good.

Maybe i'm sold because it's on LIVE, but regardless. It looks pretty good. And, if it's as good as it seems, it should manage to share the disc-tray with HALO 2 come late November.

Another one is Ratchet 3/ Jak 3 / Sly 2. Funnily enough, I didn't complete any of these games' prequels, although I did enjoy what I played. The storylines, graphics and downright AWESOME Net Play (IN RC3) has sold me. I can't wait to get into a Jeep-Buggy and run people down. People being other Ratchets with an equallly evil desire. I'm not a massive Racing/Skateboarding/Extreme Sports Fan, so nothing really appeals to me. But with a copy of Evo, HALO 2, GTa and the above mentioned, I doubt I'd take time to play any of the others!

Okay, folks... Your turn!

Let's collectively try to stay away from the...

"GTA because it'z on PS2 and better than Halo which sucks like the XBOX which is as big as my nan!"

Or..

"HALO 2 because XBOX is more powerful, so there, PS2 is crap because it only takes 1 person to move it!"
Mon 25/10/04 at 00:37
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
For me it's obviously HALO 2 and GTA. Why? Because i'm human.. But aside from those 'givens' on XBOX and PS2, Ghost Recon 2 would have to be another big one. I quite liked Ghost Recon on XBOX and after having lost a good 140 hours of my life to Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow (Collectively), I'm quite looking forward to Ghost Recon. Not only because it's online. But because they've ripped off the OTS cam from SOCOM 2 I liked that game. It's being made by Red Storm, a la Rainbow Six, so voice recognition should feature in the game, but if not, it's no big deal. Being able to communicate in the field takes good timing and quick decisions, so Ideally, it should be in there. It also looks amazing. I don't know if anyone else here has IGN Insider, but their video clips of it, especially the larger sized one, show off what is quite an impressive looking game. The weather effects look good. The soldiers look well rounded, and full of polys. And the scope or draw distance, as with it's predecessor, looks pretty good.

Maybe i'm sold because it's on LIVE, but regardless. It looks pretty good. And, if it's as good as it seems, it should manage to share the disc-tray with HALO 2 come late November.

Another one is Ratchet 3/ Jak 3 / Sly 2. Funnily enough, I didn't complete any of these games' prequels, although I did enjoy what I played. The storylines, graphics and downright AWESOME Net Play (IN RC3) has sold me. I can't wait to get into a Jeep-Buggy and run people down. People being other Ratchets with an equallly evil desire. I'm not a massive Racing/Skateboarding/Extreme Sports Fan, so nothing really appeals to me. But with a copy of Evo, HALO 2, GTa and the above mentioned, I doubt I'd take time to play any of the others!

Okay, folks... Your turn!

Let's collectively try to stay away from the...

"GTA because it'z on PS2 and better than Halo which sucks like the XBOX which is as big as my nan!"

Or..

"HALO 2 because XBOX is more powerful, so there, PS2 is crap because it only takes 1 person to move it!"
Mon 25/10/04 at 01:30
"I love yo... lamp."
But it has to be Halo 2! Simply because I loved Halo, and Halo 2 seems to be so much better in every respect.

Beyond Halo 2 however, I am also looking forward muchly to Farcry Instincts. Farcry was one of the best games of the year, a truly fantastic FPS game. Thankfully it is coming to Xbox as well, instead of being PC only. Ghost Recon 2 should also be good. I've been playing a lot of the original lately as well.

You got Live then Game? If so why not pop your gamertag in the thread in the Xbox forum - a whole bunch of us on SR are on Live.
Mon 25/10/04 at 07:46
Regular
My most looked-forward-to at the moment would be Halo 2. GTS:SA is also on my 'list', but not too much of a priority.

As for other games, I am excited about Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory more than a junkie on signing-on day. This game truly looks beautiful and I can't wait to get on Live, grab someone and say "I'm gunna stab yoo wiv mi kneef"!

PoP:Warrior Withing is also looking great, as is Farcry Instincts (although news on that has dried up recently). Then there's PC gems like Half Life 2 and Quake 4 (long way off, I know).

Finally, there's the DS and all the greatness it will bring.

I'm going to enjoy this next year!
Mon 25/10/04 at 07:48
Regular
How can I forget!

Ghost Recon 2
Forza Motorsport
Metal Gear Solid 3
New Zelda
Pro Evo 4 (Xbox)
Counter-Strike Source (HL2 I know)
PSP (possibly, we'll see)

And I know there's even more I've forgotten!
Mon 25/10/04 at 09:20
Regular
"\\"
Halo 2 for me... Not really into games at the moment, but it's just impossible to resist Halo 2.
Mon 25/10/04 at 17:39
Regular
"0228"
New Zelda. That is all.
Mon 25/10/04 at 21:57
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
GTA:SA
MGS3
New Zelda
DS
PSP

They are the main ones
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:23
Regular
"awp3r$ r n00b$"
GTA
new zleda
ds
and hating the psp's stupidly high price
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:24
Regular
"awp3r$ r n00b$"
also i didnt think about these (dont ask me why)
halo 2
half life 2 ( alredy have cs source :D)
Fri 29/10/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Bah"
Halo 2 and Star Wars Battlefront. I am aware that star wars is already out but its a chrismas prestn where as i get halo now yay!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.