GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HL2 - Authentication required"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Mon 25/10/04 at 08:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Marvelous. Damn marvelous.

[URL]http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/half-life-2/558931p1.html[/URL]

"Q. Will the boxed versions of HL2 require any sort of Steam installations?

Doug Lombardi: During installation the user will be prompted to authenticate the copy and create a Steam account. After that is complete, the single-player and LAN games do not require an Internet connection."

This is appalling policy. I do not have an internet connection at home, not even a land line (we both use mobiles) so it looks as if I'm not going to be able to play the game when its released.

It's going to foce me to use an illegal hack or pirated version to play.

Way to go Valve..............
Mon 25/10/04 at 16:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Will i have access to HL:Source after registering with steam?
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
"'i need a weapon'"
the silver boxed set will include so many gaes that basically all need steam to run on, i have counter strike which needs steam, but im not sure if hl2 will need steam directly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.