GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So did Live 8 do anything?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/07/05 at 18:55
Regular
After London got bombed everyone forgot about the G8 and everything.

Seems that Live 8 did nothing after all...
Tue 19/07/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Colourless"
Aid was doubled, and some 18 countries had their debts cancelled.

Clearly it did something.
Tue 19/07/05 at 19:56
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I learnt that Peaches Gledof is an anagram of: Help Dog Faeces

That's about it though.
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Apparently in parts of Niger it hasn't rained for yonks, the crops have failed and mass starvation is setting in.

Isn't there a rainmaker contraption in Area 51...
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:14
Regular
Didn't debt get wiped and aid get increased?

I heard that's what happened, but still wasn't good enough - now they want to increase the percentage of exports Africa is allowed by 1%, which would apparently help a great deal to their economy, but all the farmers over here etc. are whining because that massive 1% will have an effect on them.

Or something.
Tue 19/07/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Maybe.
And maybe I'm just a cynical so-and-so.

I don't blame bands for thinking, "this is our chance to stand out". That seems perfectly natural, if a little exploitative.
Tue 19/07/05 at 08:42
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> I'm quite cynical about Live 8. For instance, why did the Kaiser
> Chiefs play in America, why did Slash's band play in London

Possibly because this was organised at reasonably short notice, and Velvet Revolver were already over here on tour, and vice versa for Kaiser Chiefs?
Mon 18/07/05 at 08:39
Regular
"Laughingstock"
SHEEPY wrote:
> They said they'd give some more money... maybe...

But they were going to do that anyway.

I'm quite cynical about Live 8. For instance, why did the Kaiser Chiefs play in America, why did Slash's band play in London - answer: to promote themselves to a new audience.

For most artists it was an unparalleled opportunity for self-promotion, and I'm sure that's how they viewed it.
Mon 18/07/05 at 01:25
Insane Bartender wrote:
> A few ageing artisits revived their flagging careers

Flagging aka dead for 20 years
Sun 17/07/05 at 22:08
"Darkness, always"
A few ageing artisits revived their flagging careers, and a few more wreckless pennies were tossed at the all consuming fire of African need.

Beyond that, Live 8 was little more than a series of concerts attended by music fans.
Sun 17/07/05 at 21:59
Yeah, because things of this scale and magnitude happen just like that, you simple minded fools

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.