GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madagascar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 18:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]

Quite a tricky one to review, this, as it's obviously a film for kids. However, if Pixar can make a film that kids and adults both like then I don't see why Dreamworks can't. And for the record, I'm not that enamoured with either of the Shrek films.

The penguins are great though, as are the poo-flinging monkeys.
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:13
Regular
"you've got a beard"
you keep splitting hairs like that and you'll be a fortnight baldy.

the point is that at this point in time, starbucks is renowned for having a store every 6 feet or so and, as big as they are, they probably won't have that degree of saturation in future. so the joke of running out of one store and taking refuge in another across the road may lose it's punchline.
Tue 19/07/05 at 23:05
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
but in a few
> years when no-one remembers ricky martin, starbucks or any of the
> other in-joke references it'll start to falter.

I can't see Starbucks folding any time soon, really.
Tue 19/07/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
It's a bit late to be telling me that.
Tue 19/07/05 at 18:05
Regular
I found Shrek 2 was a lot more enjoyable because I was helping my sister look after a load of kids.

So kids definetly help in these sorts of films, that doesn't mean I'm endorsing snatching someones kid off the street and forcing them to come to the cinema with you though.
Tue 19/07/05 at 16:47
Regular
Well, see, I liked it. I didn't go in wanting it to be better, equivalet or equal to other films.

I went in wanting it to keep a 5 year old little girl amused for an hour and a bit.

It worked a treat, film successful as far as I can tell.
Mon 18/07/05 at 11:38
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Celestine wrote:
> Grix and I went to go see this, while he was here last weekend.
> *weeps* I miss him so.. :'{

stop pretending you have a life :P

> Anyhoo..this movie really bites. It was so long and drawn out and
> predictable and the attempt at humour was just so lame.

it's a kids movie. it HAS to be predictable.
although in fairness, that's my major gripe with Finding Nemo so i see your point. it was entirely obvious how the movie was going to go, it was animation by numbers, but the colours/style are still cool :)
>
> I give it a 2. I'd wait for it to come out on DVD and toss it into
> the collection, just for the sake of having a complete collection.

agreed, although i'll probably wait for it to find its way into the "reduced" section first (which, judging by what i've read, shouldn't be too long after release)
Sun 17/07/05 at 21:11
"period drama"
Baron-Cohen
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
If you didnt know, the lead lemar was voiced by Sascha Bon... Ali G...
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:30
Regular
Grix and I went to go see this, while he was here last weekend. *weeps* I miss him so.. :'{

Anyhoo..this movie really bites. It was so long and drawn out and predictable and the attempt at humour was just so lame.

I give it a 2. I'd wait for it to come out on DVD and toss it into the collection, just for the sake of having a complete collection.
Sun 17/07/05 at 18:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
it's nice to see both sides of the argument played out before our very eyes....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.