GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madagascar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 18:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]

Quite a tricky one to review, this, as it's obviously a film for kids. However, if Pixar can make a film that kids and adults both like then I don't see why Dreamworks can't. And for the record, I'm not that enamoured with either of the Shrek films.

The penguins are great though, as are the poo-flinging monkeys.
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]

Quite a tricky one to review, this, as it's obviously a film for kids. However, if Pixar can make a film that kids and adults both like then I don't see why Dreamworks can't. And for the record, I'm not that enamoured with either of the Shrek films.

The penguins are great though, as are the poo-flinging monkeys.
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:03
Regular
Well the game sucked, but it was funny, so I'll probably see the film eventually.
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pretty much summed the film up perfectly, the best characters weren't the main ones, the script was weak and it was very short. Got a couple of laughs though, the awkward silence after Alex wakes up licking Martys leg, the American Beauty and Castaway jokes, King Julius "Theyre pansies!" or his cruelty to that thing and ofcourse the Penguins and Monkies but it was very much a kids film without the more grown up references of Shrek.
Sun 17/07/05 at 11:39
Regular
"you've got a beard"
"not as funny as shrek" say all the reviews.

in actuality, it's just not as accessible as shrek. shrek is rammed full of spoon-fed pop-culture references that you'd have to be retarded not to understand, and sure it's funny now. but in a few years when no-one remembers ricky martin, starbucks or any of the other in-joke references it'll start to falter.
Madagascar is more character driven. the story isn't that great and it seemed very short to me, which meant it didn't start to get boring. the heart-string tugging was kept to a minimum (something that pixar REALLY overdo, probably due to their association with disney) and the animation style is fantastic. it's fast, snappy pose-to-pose animation for the most part and the subtle ideas are pretty funny. The poo-flinging monkeys using sign language, the penguins are awesome and the lead lemur (or whatever they are) has some nice touches.. and sounds oddly like Apu :)

overall, not a great movie, not a bad movie. it's bound to suffer in comparison to shrek because for some reason, everyone has managed to elevate shrek to a status it doesn't deserve (it's good, it's not THAT good) but if you like decent character-based fun, madagascar's well worth watching.. and it's short enough not to make a dent on your precious time.
Sun 17/07/05 at 17:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I like Madagascar's style. Hence, I want to see it.
Sun 17/07/05 at 18:15
"period drama"
I like Madagascar's style. But I don't really want to see it.
Sun 17/07/05 at 18:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
it's nice to see both sides of the argument played out before our very eyes....
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:30
Regular
Grix and I went to go see this, while he was here last weekend. *weeps* I miss him so.. :'{

Anyhoo..this movie really bites. It was so long and drawn out and predictable and the attempt at humour was just so lame.

I give it a 2. I'd wait for it to come out on DVD and toss it into the collection, just for the sake of having a complete collection.
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
If you didnt know, the lead lemar was voiced by Sascha Bon... Ali G...
Sun 17/07/05 at 21:11
"period drama"
Baron-Cohen

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.