GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shadowman 2 questions."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/01 at 11:32
Regular
Want to know anything about Shadowman 2? I know some of you do so post a question in here and I will try my best to answer it.

Shadowman 2 is the future of gaming....
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:32
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Want to know anything about Shadowman 2? I know some of you do so post a question in here and I will try my best to answer it.

Shadowman 2 is the future of gaming....
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
a) Can you import faces into it?

b) Will you be able to shoot at these faces?

c) Can I have a pic of your face?

Just kidding

What kind of game is it?
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:40
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
It is a gore game...I think
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:43
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I posted a topic about this called Shadowman 2...or what I have heard! It has tons of info about this future game!
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:55
Regular
Shadowman 2 is in the same sort of style as Shadowman 1. e.g Horror/platformer/adventure.
The first game was quite hard to get to grips with as it was pretty linear. You were just dumped straight into the thick of it just having a place to go to. The main aim of the game was to get 120 dark souls.
The game was sort of split into 2 sections Liveside/deadside. In live side you were Mike Leroi and in Deadside you were shadowman. The differences between the 2 characters were quite big. As mike you had limited air and you could not use voodoo weapons. As Shadowman you could swim as long as you wanted and use voodoo weapons.
Shadowman is immortal as if you die in Liveside you are sent to deadside where of course Mike turns into Shadowman.
It wasn't one of those games that tried to scare you by what you could see it was what you couldn't see that scared you. Constantly the music was changing and you could here people screaming. The part of the game that spooked me slightly was a part called the Playrooms. You had to swim through an underwater tunnel and there was some unpleasant sounds as you progressed. It begins with nursery music, nice and calming suddenly you begin to hear children playing slowly these joyful noises turned to screams of pain. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz a chainsaw cuts through the noise and you hear a massive scream. I tell you I needed some fresh underwear after that.
Another one of your aims was to kill the five. These were 5 killers who had given their souls to Legion. Once you had killed all of them you had the chance to turn a piston off. There was a room called the engine room were these five pistons were and once they were all turned off you got to fight Legion.
The main story for Mike is the fact that his brother was killed and he thinks he has seen him in deadside and he wants to see if it was him. I wont ruin the story though because maybe you are going to buy the game.
It is a very good game and I hope number 2 will be just as good, but from what I know about it I can tell you it is going to be something spectacular.
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:56
Regular
Oops no paragraphs. Hey Zeldapro everything you said were not positive. You didnt know if it was all true. Anything I tell you is true and is definately in the game.
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:00
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Yeah I know it is because a lot of the stuff I have read has been we are not certain yet about the games full details, and other places have said it has just been a rumour!
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:18
Regular
Ok here is the Liveside character list:
Mike(slightly bigger than in no. 1. He must have been at the gym.)
Jaunty(originally you could only see him in deadside. Here he is a little Irish man)
Nettie(looks like she has been to the plastic surgeons though)
Deacon(looks like a normal bloke, but is he)

..and here is the Deadside Characters:
Some big starfish monster(name not confirmed)
Jaunty(looks like he did in no. 1)
Nettie(originaly she couldn't go to Deadside, can't remember why but she couldn't)
Some half horse half lobster thing(looks like Deacons deadside alter ego)

Some new weapons include Satans smartbombs.
These are the four horsemen of the appocalypse but in bomb form.
You may only use each one once but to devastating effect.

The new cut scenes are looking beautiful and much better thatn the crummy flickering ones in Shadowman 1. Look quite violent too with Deacons partner getting his head ripped off in the intro.

As Zeldapro said there is a night and Day style thing and when you get further into the game you are able to control the time with a pocket watch. Mind ou that is nothing as you even get to control the weather and use it to youradvantage later in the game.

The enemy AI has been pushed to the max with amazingly clever enemies. A sniper may see you pass his sights but instead of firing and risking missing he will call his mates for help. As I have said in Zeldapros forum there is parts in the game where you have t sneak around ala metal gear solid. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Instaed of there only being Deadside and liveside there is now loads of different places to go. Each new location having an alternate reality. Some of the new locations inlude: Russia, Iraq and England.

Some of the best moments in Shadowman 2 are inspred by films. Some of the films included are The Evil Daed and John Carpenters The Thing. Mind you following in the tradition of no. 1 the truly horrific moments even have plenty of twisted black humour chucked in.
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:20
Regular
By the way at the moment it is Ps2 only which I am really annoyed about as I have totally finished no. 1 and would love to take contrl#ol of Mike and Shadowman again.
Sun 03/06/01 at 12:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
Has anyone mentioned that you may control the weather in some parts?? If you need to get from one side to another but some parts are too dangerous you may control the rain so a large river eventually occurs allowing you to swim to the other side!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.