GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of F1..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/07/05 at 13:22
"Was the man of marz"
Looks pretty bleak.

Max mosely has gone back on his decision to make F1 low tech by 08. Meaning: more stupid rules (such as the engine penalty drop), more uninspiring racing (like silverstone last week) and most importantly, many more races where the jordans and minardis are there to fill up the grid.

Not to mention, to provide an obstruction in the tunnel at monaco
"Was the man of marz"
Looks pretty bleak.

Max mosely has gone back on his decision to make F1 low tech by 08. Meaning: more stupid rules (such as the engine penalty drop), more uninspiring racing (like silverstone last week) and most importantly, many more races where the jordans and minardis are there to fill up the grid.

Not to mention, to provide an obstruction in the tunnel at monaco
mate why's this in the sport forum mate
Thu 14/07/05 at 14:08
Regular
Because F1 is a sport. Mate.

He still wants to keep the cost down but introduce new technology, like this: [URL]http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=33473[/URL]

He's also suggesting standard ECU's, and fromm 2008 teams will be able to sell entire chassis and/or engines to other teams, which should enable more privateer teams to exist in the sport.

If the rogue teams don't breakaway, I can see F1 becoming even more interesting post 2008.
Thu 14/07/05 at 14:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, from what I gather from the articles I've read is that Mosley still wants the overtaking, cost cutting and competitive racing with more cars on the grid, but he also wants to have certain technology that is cutting edge, cheap and not devaluing the driver skill element they want to enforce but also something that might benefit road cars.

I believe cutting edge technology is a key part of F1. It just shouldn't detract from the competitiveness and the driver skill element of the sport.
Thu 14/07/05 at 15:08
"Was the man of marz"
Your Honour wrote:
> He's also suggesting standard ECU's, and fromm 2008 teams will be
> able to sell entire chassis and/or engines to other teams, which
> should enable more privateer teams to exist in the sport.

Didn't sauber have a 2003 ferrari engine/chassis last season.

That boost thing sounds interesting but the point i'm trying to make is that it should be up to the driver to take a better line than click a button and instantly have more power
Thu 14/07/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
No, Sauber had their own chassis but Ferrari engines. This new rule would enable teams to buy chassis' and engine as a stock part without having to develop it, I think.

The speed boost is only a limited thing it would seem. Only a boost of power for about 5 seconds. If it increases overtaking, why not?
Thu 14/07/05 at 19:40
"Was the man of marz"
I liked the idea Jeremy clarkson had. Pay the drivers a basic wage then a million everytime they over take. [S]Just want to add thatI like just the idea
Fri 15/07/05 at 00:03
Regular
Well the boost thing does sound interesting, might spice things up. F1 has been getting duller every year. Every year some new rules are released and every year I dislike them and if carries on like this I can see the sport dying out but hopefully it won't.
Fri 15/07/05 at 11:44
Regular
Marzman wrote:
> That boost thing sounds interesting but the point i'm trying to make
> is that it should be up to the driver to take a better line than
> click a button and instantly have more power

They all take the best line already, that's why there's no overtaking, because if they go off the line it's slower.
Fri 15/07/05 at 11:48
"Was the man of marz"
Lipe wrote:
> Well the boost thing does sound interesting, might spice things up. F1
> has been getting duller every year. Every year some new rules are
> released and every year I dislike them and if carries on like this I
> can see the sport dying out but hopefully it won't.

You know why. Every other yearferrari win a championship so they try to slow them down, and in the 2003 season it did work with the championship going to the lastrace but thisyear the changes have back fired because ferrari aren't having a good time but due to the regulations others can't even follow them.

Look at silverstone, kimiwas so much faster than michael but couldn't get past.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.