GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate those little blue flames"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/07/05 at 17:57
Regular
"not dead"
You know, from the British Gas adverts. They're all like "we didn't save that much money" - so they saved some then? Oh, and they didn't have to sign up to the rip-off insurance. £40 a month for peace of mind? Sod that, you can pay someone to come out, lugging a new boiler on their back by not paying that extortionate fee for a year or two. And they don't go wrong that often.

I hate British Gas. And I don't even have gas.
Wed 13/07/05 at 18:13
"possibly impossible"
We have British Gas and I can't really complain about the service or bills compared to who we were using before.

And Meka, you realise that those little blue flames probably have an internet fan club by now who are, at this very moment, finding out where you live.

Of course, they all used to be members of the Dringo fan club, but that's alligence for you these days...
Wed 13/07/05 at 16:10
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Oil? What, from the well he's got behind the bins?
>
> *slap*
>
> My parents have an oil tank in the garden that gets filled up from a
> lorry twice a year.

--

Seriously, a huge tank just sitting in the garden? I realise how unbelievably stupid I'm coming across as, but I never knew this was an option.

Do they hide it from view? Perhaps with a nice little shrubbery? Although, the lorry would destroy this unpon refilling.

I'm going to stick with gas. At least, I will when I stop being a student and am forced to leave Bubble-World for somewhere where my parents don't pay for everything.
Wed 13/07/05 at 13:49
Regular
"..."
Meh. we don't have gas or oil. Have to rely on electric radiators. Although it's not really a problem as the radon gas which leaks into our home keeps us warm anyway.
Tue 12/07/05 at 22:30
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Getting back to the thread ... I use British Gas for both gas and electricity, get a discount for using paperless billing and get discounts for prompt payment.
Tue 12/07/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Stryke wrote:
> Oil? What, from the well he's got behind the bins?

*slap*

My parents have an oil tank in the garden that gets filled up from a lorry twice a year.

> I just liked the idea of Meka and family huddled round a tiny log fire in the living room,
> with comments like "Daddy, will I ever be warm again?" :)

Hahahahaha!
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:44
"Darkness, always"
Interestingly, I find British Gas to be the supplier of choice in the home energy market. And so you know, you don't have to sign up for heating care cover at all, and if ever you feel that was not the case, then you should take your case to Energywatch.

Sure, I work for Centrica, which in no small part has an effect on my point of view. But I'm with British Gas for my energy, and as some snooty little kid trying to sell me to nPower the other day told me: "British Gas are the most expensive supplier on the market!".

"I know", I replied, and closed the door. People whinge about increasing Gas and electricity prices. But I could quite easilly point out the supplier that has increased it's prices by the least over the last three years in the face of insanely soaring wholesale energy price increases. We may charge a premium for a customer service that is, despite common misconception, among the best in the market, but the size of that premium is dropping rapidly, and the amount anyone can save by switching to other suppliers is minimal at best for a domestic consumer.

I laugh at people getting supplied by Electricity de France and our other European 'competitors'. Companies with captive home markets who are continually abused with monopoly premiums. Companies that have the supply capacity to halve the cost of selling gas to a UK domestic supply point, but don't, so that they an make bigger margins, all the while protected by the fact that their home market isn't privatised, and the current market allows them to abuse UK households while pointing the finger at the 'money grabbing' UK owned suppliers that are literally not allowed to compete with them.

Hilariously, British Gas Residential lost 1 million customers last year after increasing their energy prices. Those people almost exclusively left for suppliers that increased their prices by much more.

People just don't know what they do bar what the papers tell them they should.
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:25
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah, we have a fire during the Winter, although usually rely on the oil. Sits in a green tank behind the house, goes to boiler room, is used in the furnace to heat water, water goes to radiators, radiators get hot. By the way I'm just guessing how that works..
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:23
Regular
Really? I clearly have no idea how people heat their homes.

I actually have a log fire at home, incidentally.
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:19
Regular
"Not a Jew"
What the hell are you people talking about? 90% of the people I know use oil.
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:15
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> You don't even have gas? How do you heat your home in the winter?
>
> There are other ways of heating your home, silly boy. Electricity?
> Oil?

--

Oil? What, from the well he's got behind the bins?

Although electricity is an option. Didn't really think about that one. I just liked the idea of Meka and family huddled round a tiny log fire in the living room, with comments like "Daddy, will I ever be warm again?" :)

I'm liking how any thread started at the moment somehow gets back to Dringo. Filthy crim.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.