GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charlton's signings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 23:58
Regular
"not dead"
After the disaster that was Jeffers, and the disappointment of Rhommedhal -(only spelt differently) Curbishly certainly seems to be spending more wisely this season.

Bent will hopefully do well up front (he's been great for England u21s and Ipswich), and Smertin and Ambrose in midfield sound to me like a couple of decent signings. Ambrose always looked decent when he came on for Newcastle, but he didn't get enough of a chance under Souness.

Powell came back, even though he's like 100, and they've got Jonathan Spector on loan from Man Utd. Hopefully his mullet will be in full bloom next season.

I don't mind Charlton - a largely inoffensive team (no pun intended) but I thought at the end of last season they could struggle this one if they kept the same squad,a nd got off to a poor start. I'm beginning to think I might be wrong. Chances are they'll do the traditional getting to 45 points then stop turning up though, but with that squad they must have an outside chance of Europe, and could do alright in the cups.
Thu 14/07/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They seem to have had a great problem since losing Scott Parker to Chelsea, even though they already had Danny Murphy - speaking of which, what happened to him last season? He had some decent games in the first half, but I barely saw him again after Christmas?

I'm a fan of both Darren Bent and Ambrose, I must admit. I did expect Bent to join the Premiership in time for last season, but I'm glad he's here now all the same, and I think he's got the right team in Charlton, with Alan Curbishley still in charge.

After a few glimpses last season, I really wanted to see more of Ambrose at Newcastle - especially for THAT GOAL! Should he hold a place in the center of their midfield, this could be a great season for him, personally, and I'm confient Charlton will grow on too.

Rommendahl needed time. Perhaps he still needs some more? We saw flashes of his talent last season, perhaps he'll have gotten over the shock of it all in time for this new campaign?

I really don't know about Jeffers though - I always though the early move to Arsenal killed him in a month. That was far too much, far too early. Plus, he barely played... Not that I ever saw that much in him at Everton, personally (besides those flappin' great ears!).
Wed 13/07/05 at 15:51
Regular
Oh..no..You think I'm clueless. I'll go tell all my friends and family that, right away.
Wed 13/07/05 at 08:31
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> I didn\'t see that goal, and therefore stand by my statement that
> Ambrose is awful. Nunez awful. Well, maybe not that bad. But close.

hahaha, you are so clueless it is untrue.
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:09
Regular
Clazon wrote:
>
> Ambrose is a quality signing. Great ability on the ball. Speed.
> Vision. Good attitude. Can pass well. Tries the odd shot. Tidy
> player. Good midfielder.

--

Bloody hell, why aren't Real in for him?
Tue 12/07/05 at 20:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Ambrose always looked decent when
> he came on for Newcastle, but he didn't get enough of a chance under
> Souness.

Ambrose is a quality signing. Great ability on the ball. Speed. Vision. Good attitude. Can pass well. Tries the odd shot. Tidy player. Good midfielder.
Tue 12/07/05 at 20:25
Regular
"es argh"
Sheringham still playing in Prem, Berger at Villa and Robert the magnificent will last another 12 years
Tue 12/07/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Colourless"
Badgerman wrote:
> I guess Charlton is a place where footballers go to die, well,
> before Qatar atleast.

Ahahaha. Sheringham, Berger, Robert is 30... Need I go on....
Tue 12/07/05 at 19:43
Regular
"es argh"
Just realised Smertin is 31.

I guess Charlton is a place where footballers go to die, well, before Qatar atleast.
Tue 12/07/05 at 18:49
Regular
They've got Sorondo on loan, I've just realised. The mighty Gonzalo, he's a comedy defender.
Tue 12/07/05 at 18:47
Regular
I didn't see that goal, and therefore stand by my statement that Ambrose is awful. Nunez awful. Well, maybe not that bad. But close.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.