GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All you intelligent people out there (money query)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 13:06
"Tesco value"
Got a small windfall (some mate nearly killed me and wrote off my car)

got 5 grand I need to put into an ISA, I know you can only put up to 3 grand in one a year, but this money needs to go away for a house so I dont want to touch it for a few years yet.

Anyone know of the best ISAs out at the moment? and save me the hardship of brousing around our town?

thank you people!
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:30
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Jesus! I'm really glad you're alive, the whole thing sounded really nasty - I was hooked onto every word!

Erm, wasn't the other driver your mate? If it was, I would never forgive him.
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:25
"Tesco value"
Cheers

:-)
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:23
Regular
That's absolutely amazing! Despite not knowing you I'm just so happy you survived that. From your description, the picture of the car and the comments made by your hospital colleagues, it sounds like you were very lucky to survive. Definitely worth going down to the gym more often by the sounds of it!

Hope the ISA and high interest account work out and that your various back pains and things fully disappear soon!
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:07
"Tesco value"
ssxpro wrote:
> Sorry, I'm still in shock at seeing that photo! You rolled nose to
> tail - am I getting the wrong end of the stick here? Do you mean
> rolled over the nose and landed upside down, then rolled again, or do
> you mean rolled sideways around the axis generated along nose to tail?
> Either way (and taking account of the picture) that's a miracle you
> survived, well done!
>
> Do you have that "I have to do everything, travel the word, have
> kids, experience everything" type of attitude now?
>
> On the finance bit, therage is right, no need for more than one, but
> which one, I don't know. I know of no problems with Nationwide
> though.

I've got a nationwide one, which unfortunatly I keep dipping into. but I've done a £3000 ISA, and put the rest into a high interest account, and will shift the money if the % goes up anymore.

I escaped the car with a cut ear, and that was it, nothing else (a few bruises and grazes) when I went through the fence there was a ditch and the ground was lower, so the weight of the engine caused the nose to hit the ground, and it front flipped twice, landing back onto it's wheels and facing the way i'd come.the worse thing was seeing everything that was in my car scattered across the road and field, including my wallet that was in my trouser pocket, that had come out on the road and all my cards went everywhere!

I'd lke to say that my life flashed before my eyes, but it didn't, just the sign coming towards my passenger door at 60mph, then seeing sky, and then the roof popping in which was when I ducked and held the hell onto the steering wheel and shutting my eyes.
There wasn't really that much noise, I felt no pain (good old adrenaline) and my lateral sidebags went off leaving a great bruise under my arm.
I remember letting go of the steering wheel, opening my eyes and just telling my self I couldn't believe this had happened, glass was still falling around my and the interior light was dangling in my face, looked through the hole where the window was to see people running across the field to see what might have been left of me.
then just as if I was parking up I took the keys out the ignition opened my door, slammed it shut and pressed the fob to lock it.
the people who removed my car said people die in a lot less, the people at the hospital said that it should have killed me so all in all I'm pretty lucky.
It didn't help working in the Ambulance service (I was on my way to work) and then seeing all your mates around you looking rather concerned.
Spent three hours in xray and then discharged. At that time I was spending alot of time down the gym and they said if it wasn't for my build I would've broken some bones.
this happened on the 24th of March, and it's taken till now for the pain in my back to go, been doing alot of running and its seemed to have helped.
I haven't suffered any shock, I think twice now about overtaking but I still do it, just made me more of a back seat driver!
Other driver is being prosecuted for driving without due care and attention, fingers crossed to has to pay me some kind of compensation
Wed 13/07/05 at 10:29
Regular
"I ush!"
therage79 wrote:
> you can have as many ISA'a you want..you are just limited to saving
> £3000 in total tax free each year (apr-apr)! So no real
> advantage to having more than one (in my opinion)

You can save £3,000 in cash ISAs each year or £7,000 in maxi-ISAs. If you go the way of the maxi-ISas often products are linked to specific markets. Say the electronics market, or mobile technologies, the NASDAQ or the FTSE, so you can effectively bet on which types of businesses are going to do well. In those cases it makes sense not to put all of your eggs in one basket, but you would hope that the guys buying and selling the stocks your units are linked to are looking out for you on that front too. I can't see any reason to spread your money around in the nice, regular, guaranteed, not going to get screwed if evil terrorists rock the western world types (not that I'm bitter or anything)
Wed 13/07/05 at 09:06
Regular
Sorry, I'm still in shock at seeing that photo! You rolled nose to tail - am I getting the wrong end of the stick here? Do you mean rolled over the nose and landed upside down, then rolled again, or do you mean rolled sideways around the axis generated along nose to tail? Either way (and taking account of the picture) that's a miracle you survived, well done!

Do you have that "I have to do everything, travel the word, have kids, experience everything" type of attitude now?

On the finance bit, therage is right, no need for more than one, but which one, I don't know. I know of no problems with Nationwide though.
Wed 13/07/05 at 08:48
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
you can have as many ISA'a you want..you are just limited to saving £3000 in total tax free each year (apr-apr)! So no real advantage to having more than one (in my opinion)
Mon 11/07/05 at 21:00
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
"your name here" wrote:
> do I sound like one of Dringos mates?

Sorry Neal, but I'm too young/stupid to know much.
Mon 11/07/05 at 20:42
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Goatboy wrote:
> [URL]http://www.gearstick.co.uk/images/large/Peugeot_206_5door_03.jpg[/URL]

T'is the biz.

I've been an admirer of those small Peugeots for years now. The new model still looks good and not "futuristic" (gay).
Mon 11/07/05 at 20:36
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> Tell your mate that I thank him for destroying such a crappy car =D

Crappy?

It's an absolutely fantastic car.
Awfully quick as well.

It's no Avensis though. Damn company cars. Why can't I be 25!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.