GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw Oasis live yesterday"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 11:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ooooo hman that was amazing. It was *totally* worth sitting in a field (read as: Milton Keynes Bowl) for 3 hours.

The Soundtrack of our Lives opened up. I'd say they were the weakest out of everyone there, but they had a few good tracks.

Then The Secret Machines played. They seemed to grab the crowd better, but it still wasn't what they were looking for. Plus they had a song that went on for 15 minutes, so by the end of that everyone was praying for it to end.

22-20's came on after TSM. This is where the gig got much much better, and they were actually really, really good. I tried to gauge how good they were via their website before I went, but they only have sound clips and no full songs. But still, they were very impressive, and I, er, "acquired" their album last night.

The Coral followed. Which was excellent, due to the fact that I wanted to see them live one of these days anyway. Most people didn't own the album, so only really sang along to "Dreaming of you" and "In The Morning", but they were excellent.

Then, of course, Oasis finally came on at about 8:40 (TSOOL came on at 3:10... that's a lot of standing :P). They were just..... spectacular. They have so many tracks to choose from, and everyone is genius. Plus we sang "Live Forever" in memory of those lost in the London bombings on thursday. Basically, in a nutshell, they kicked ass. Then they kicked some more ass, and finally came back to kick even more ass.

Also, I love driving past the various Oasis fans shouting, "Sunsheeeeeeeeyiiiiiiine" out of the window, to receive the same back.

Anyway, yes, that was yesterday. Anyone else (apart from Snuggly) going to one of their gigs?
Mon 11/07/05 at 18:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Saw them down south on Wednesday, absolutely the best gig I've ever been to and only the first time I've seen them.

Highlights include Champagne Supernova, Live Forever, Rock 'n' Roll Star and Don't Look Back in Anger (the latter two proving that some songs really are lifted to another level when played in front of 40,000 people). Desperately want to see them again sometime this year, but that might mean going to Spain. Ah well...
Mon 11/07/05 at 14:27
Regular
Chipseh wrote:
>
>
> Stryke... there a group of 8 blokes going crazy right in front of us,
> though the chances of it being you are incredibly slim. Still, the
> fact that you said you were crashed against the barrier means it
> might have been you...

--

It they were tatt'ed up to the max and throwing beer and had a punching-each-other-in-the-stomach competition in the gap between the support acts, I was in front of them.

--

>
> Worst thing yesterday was this dude his pisched into a cup RIGHT
> BEHIND me. And then threw it. Lovely.

--

You get that at all Oasis gigs, don't you? They're the only band townies go and see. Well, them and The Streets. I got hit on the back with some beer at one point, but I was too busy singing along (out of key) to Little by Little at the time.

Best song of the night medal goes to Champagne Supernova. Or Acquiese. One of the two.
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:33
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Chipseh wrote:

>
> Worst thing yesterday was this dude his pisched into a cup RIGHT
> BEHIND me. And then threw it. Lovely.

Yup, that was going on in Manchester too, along with the usual throwing beer around. Beggers belief why they do it.

Thankfully i was up in the stands so missed out on the warm streaks running down my back.
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
therage79 wrote:

> What sort of set are the doing...more past classics as opposed to the
> new album (not really go into it yet)?

A mix of both really... though, older songs are move heavily favoured.

Stryke... there a group of 8 blokes going crazy right in front of us, though the chances of it being you are incredibly slim. Still, the fact that you said you were crashed against the barrier means it might have been you...

Worst thing yesterday was this dude his pisched into a cup RIGHT BEHIND me. And then threw it. Lovely.
Mon 11/07/05 at 12:31
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Im looking forward to checking out Oasis when the headline the V festival in Aug! Luckily they dont clash with The Prodigy!

What sort of set are the doing...more past classics as opposed to the new album (not really go into it yet)?
Mon 11/07/05 at 12:27
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I went to the first home coming gig in Mancs on the 30th June. Truely loved it. Hearing some old and then the new tracks being belted out was truely heaven. Loved the fact Acquiesce was played, one of my real favourites.

The stadium was packed, just an amazing buzz about the placed.

Loved it
Mon 11/07/05 at 12:16
Regular
I was there too. Seeing as I live not 15 minutes away from the MK Bowl, I got there with my mates at 12 when the doors opened, equipped with a lot of water, food and newspapers (thought not suntan lotion, which means I'm burnt like a crisp today), and got right up against the barriers at the front. Which is good, because I could sit down and lean against them for the 8 and half hours I had to wait until Oasis.

Soundtrack of our Lives were comedy, that lead singer was obviously out of his face, what with the playing of two bottles of Becks. The guitarist obviously got carried away with his breaking of a guitar after the first song.

Secret Machines/22-20's - awful. Both of them.

The Coral - Absolutely awesome. Everyone around me knew all the songs and there was much merriment/beer throwing/tattooed men jumping up and down.

Oasis - Brilliant. Although I was absolutely crushed against the barrier, I didn't care at all. I liked Noel mocking MK.

It was novel to not have to walk to the station, sit around and wait for a train, get train, it's delayed, get home 4 hours after a gig. Half an hour later, a mad sprint after My Generation to get to the car park before it got jammed, and I was home. Wonderful.

Still not as good as the U2 gig I went to in the City of Manchester Stadium. That gig'll take some topping.
Mon 11/07/05 at 11:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ooooo hman that was amazing. It was *totally* worth sitting in a field (read as: Milton Keynes Bowl) for 3 hours.

The Soundtrack of our Lives opened up. I'd say they were the weakest out of everyone there, but they had a few good tracks.

Then The Secret Machines played. They seemed to grab the crowd better, but it still wasn't what they were looking for. Plus they had a song that went on for 15 minutes, so by the end of that everyone was praying for it to end.

22-20's came on after TSM. This is where the gig got much much better, and they were actually really, really good. I tried to gauge how good they were via their website before I went, but they only have sound clips and no full songs. But still, they were very impressive, and I, er, "acquired" their album last night.

The Coral followed. Which was excellent, due to the fact that I wanted to see them live one of these days anyway. Most people didn't own the album, so only really sang along to "Dreaming of you" and "In The Morning", but they were excellent.

Then, of course, Oasis finally came on at about 8:40 (TSOOL came on at 3:10... that's a lot of standing :P). They were just..... spectacular. They have so many tracks to choose from, and everyone is genius. Plus we sang "Live Forever" in memory of those lost in the London bombings on thursday. Basically, in a nutshell, they kicked ass. Then they kicked some more ass, and finally came back to kick even more ass.

Also, I love driving past the various Oasis fans shouting, "Sunsheeeeeeeeyiiiiiiine" out of the window, to receive the same back.

Anyway, yes, that was yesterday. Anyone else (apart from Snuggly) going to one of their gigs?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.