GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw Oasis live yesterday"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 11:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ooooo hman that was amazing. It was *totally* worth sitting in a field (read as: Milton Keynes Bowl) for 3 hours.

The Soundtrack of our Lives opened up. I'd say they were the weakest out of everyone there, but they had a few good tracks.

Then The Secret Machines played. They seemed to grab the crowd better, but it still wasn't what they were looking for. Plus they had a song that went on for 15 minutes, so by the end of that everyone was praying for it to end.

22-20's came on after TSM. This is where the gig got much much better, and they were actually really, really good. I tried to gauge how good they were via their website before I went, but they only have sound clips and no full songs. But still, they were very impressive, and I, er, "acquired" their album last night.

The Coral followed. Which was excellent, due to the fact that I wanted to see them live one of these days anyway. Most people didn't own the album, so only really sang along to "Dreaming of you" and "In The Morning", but they were excellent.

Then, of course, Oasis finally came on at about 8:40 (TSOOL came on at 3:10... that's a lot of standing :P). They were just..... spectacular. They have so many tracks to choose from, and everyone is genius. Plus we sang "Live Forever" in memory of those lost in the London bombings on thursday. Basically, in a nutshell, they kicked ass. Then they kicked some more ass, and finally came back to kick even more ass.

Also, I love driving past the various Oasis fans shouting, "Sunsheeeeeeeeyiiiiiiine" out of the window, to receive the same back.

Anyway, yes, that was yesterday. Anyone else (apart from Snuggly) going to one of their gigs?
Tue 12/07/05 at 21:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
Basement Jaxx rock. Like a biatch on crack.

I was at the front for their Wireless gig (two tickets for £30 off ebay the day before, nice (y) ). Standing next to black-short-fat-lead-singer-woman's sister, and I pulled Felix (from Jaxx) into the crowd. Which was an awesome feeling, and he nearly got toppled over the barrier :P

Yeah, errmm.. stadium gigs. Live8 was basically a stadium gig, so was the Wireless fest, the stage was massive, and the nearest you could get was relitavely miles away.

Small, intimate gigs are about a squillion times better.
Tue 12/07/05 at 00:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Unfortunately, you get 10 metres close to any of the bands I like and you can guarantee some sweaty little 16-yr old oik to elbow you in the side of the head repeatedly throughout the whole set while him and his mates prove their love for the band by trying to kill each other and others within a small radius.

Second best gig ever? Basement Jaxx at Glasto a few years back. I think I was the only one in the field not pilled up, but I still had a wicked time.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:00
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Singing along with 40,000 people to some of your favourite songs ever?

I'd rather be 10 metres from a band I love with 200 people, drunkenly singing along to The Coast is Always Changing.

God, that Maximo Park gig was good.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm glad they kicked that retard with the famous anorexic off the tour.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:54
Regular
Matt, that's a comment of someone who's never been to a stadium gig. The atmosphere at U2 was immense, I've never enjoyed a gig so much in my life.

Oasis - also good, heh.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:49
Regular
"360: swfcman"
mattributé wrote:
> I refuse to see how a stadium gig could be anyone's 'best gig ever'.
>
> At all.

Then thats your loss and everyone elses gain.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:48
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Singing along with 40,000 people to some of your favourite songs ever?
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:33
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I refuse to see how a stadium gig could be anyone's 'best gig ever'.

At all.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:23
Regular
Yep, that's what I said when I saw him. He was wearing some ridiculous robe and held his arms aloft in preaching mode, then proceeded to try and play two bottles of Becks and use a recorder-type thing. Then he tried to balance on the bass drum and fell off. Comedy figure.
Mon 11/07/05 at 22:21
Regular
"not dead"
I saw Soundtrack of Our Lives support Kula Shaker back in 98, I tihnk. (I know it was SOUL, but the year I'm not sure of). They're awesome. I have one of their albums, and the lead singer looks like a big fat Jesus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.