GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cinema Prices"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/07/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
How much do you pay for, tickets, drinks, popcorn etc? When the cheapest time to go and how much then?
Just trying to find out if my local is the norm or charging exorbitant prices.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
How much do you pay for, tickets, drinks, popcorn etc? When the cheapest time to go and how much then?
Just trying to find out if my local is the norm or charging exorbitant prices.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I remember when our local Odeon cost £1.90. We had enough change for a bag of boiled sweets, new laces for our shoes, wool to knit a jumper, and a black to carry it all home.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Odeons are the worst for extortionate prices. If you go in the very middle of the week and middle of the day, you get a lower price.

Generally though, the £5 peak time ticket is a thing of the past. (£3.90 at my old local a few years ago!). However, if you go to places that aren't Odeon (checking up to make sure they're showing the film), prices are good-ish in comparision. Wherever you go, food and drink is always a rip off.

All the places I go to have a WHSmiths opposite, so I dash in there and get some 500mls and some crisps and sweets.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Seriously though, prices have always been a rip-off at cinemas. Today I paid £6.50 for a regular popcorn and two bottles of water. Read that back, sink in. Extortion. The tickets cost only slightly more. Snuggly's the idiot though he gave me his coke afterwards - that's like giving your house to a tramp!
Sun 10/07/05 at 19:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I always go to Sainsburys and buy a 2 litre bottle of Coke to take in with me before I go to the cinema because the 2 litre bottle is usually cheaper than a small drink from inside the Cinema
Sun 10/07/05 at 19:23
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Last night

Ticket £7
Large popcorn £4.20
Large coke £3
Bottle of water £2.40

I bought the ticket and left it at that.
Sun 10/07/05 at 19:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
With the price it costs to goto the cinema, its better to just buy the DVD when it comes out. The UCI near me charges like £7 at peak times and you can get a large popcorn and large drink "deal" for like £6.

Thing is I still spend the money cause I love films and if its one I'm dying to see, I'll always end up going to the cinema.
Sun 10/07/05 at 19:29
Regular
"cachoo"
Corr, £7 for a movie? Pretty sure my local doesn't charge that much. I usually go on Wednesdays - Orange Wednesdays, 2 for 1 deal which is excellent as long as you, or someone you know, is on the Orange network. Always keep my cinema tickets too, and most of em say £0.00.. :) Dunno.. works out around £2-ish on Wednesdays.
Sun 10/07/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I used to go to Slough, they were half price before 12 so i could get in for £2.90 but i dont live there anymore and who wants to go to the cinema at 11:30 in the morning anyway?
Sun 10/07/05 at 20:01
Regular
"lets go back"
Where do all of you people live?

It costs £5 here in Liverpool, or £4 with a NUS card. And that goes for The Odeon too, not just some small place.

The food and drinks are pretty much the same as what you all said. £3.50 ish for a bag of popcorn, maybe £4.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.