GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 10 Things You Must Have to Play Halo 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:42
Regular
"Touched!"
Again taken from IGN.com!

1. One Great Stereo System, and…
Yes, Halo 2 does indeed use Dolby Digital 5.1 and you will want to make sure you hear the clear, cleanly separated sound of Covenant shots blowing by your head. But in addition to that we suggest you also get a few other things, including one huge, plush carpeted room with 16 system-linked connections, TVs using wide-screen, high definition, and 16 copies of Halo 2. We'd also like you to buy 16 Ikea Vilan or Lunna recliner chairs (each at only $99!). Yeah, all that's pretty much a pipe-dream set up, but if we were to play Halo 2, this the kind of set up we'd pick. Not that we've played it or anything...

2. Two Boxes of Krispy Kreme Donuts
Well, what the hell else? You'll play Bungie's superb single-player mission for several hours, stretch to take a break, and what more would you want than the perfect sugary refreshment? Glazed old-fashioned Krispy Kremes are hard to beat. And really, you'll eat two before you even realized it. Maybe you should get even more.

3. Three Bags of Beef Jerky
What the devil? We promise you won't resort to Fran Mirabella-isms when you have them by your side. Instead of chewing on your lips, you can bite into some plain or maybe even some teriyaki-flavored dried meat to satisfy that carnal craving. And at the same time, you'll also have something to gnaw on as Master Chief dies in a pit of blazing fire at the game's end. Just kidding. He doesn't actually die in a flaming pit, he...

4. Four Frozen Pizzas
I've tried Stouffers, Mama Celeste and several others, but California Pizza Kitchen makes one damn fine solo-box of Meat Lovers or Quattro Formaggio pizza. It takes about 15 minutes or so to hear up at around 425 degrees fahrenheit, and one box will take care of your pangs of hunger for a good three of four hours. And you've got three more for that 3 am hunger. So easy!

5. Five Cases of Coke…
Well, you can switch out Coke for Pepsi, Mountain Dew for whatever, but the key here is to stay "up." Personally, I would probably only need one or two cans of Coke to keep me playing all night, but when those 5-6 am doldrums come on strong, one or two of these will either keep you up for several more hours, or knock you out completely. If you need more, than try No Doze. That will, without a doubt, kick your ass into high gear for hours.

6. Six Six-Packs of XX or Corona
What else will counter the intense buzz of too many Cokes? Naturally, beer. And if you have a bunch of friends around, beer works like nobody's business. Of course, if you're under age, well, just drink more soda, or eat more pizza, something's bound to happen…

7. Seven Plates of Vegetables
I know, you hate broccoli. So just like George Bush Sr., you can eat pork rinds, I mean, other things. The reason for vegetables is that once your scarf all that pizza and beef jerky, which is all just carbs, fat and protein, you'll desperately need some roughage to make all those, eh-hem, "processes" work well. If you're a total freak and a spoiled brat and can't eat most vegetables (and no, ketchup isn't a vege), carrots and celery are the way to go. I practically eat salad every night, so that's what I'd do. And, for the record, your ass will thank you the next day.

8. Eight-count bag full of Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dessert is an essential. You'll be all excited and full with all your other purchases, and then you'll want just one thing to cap that great eating experiment. What can be better than warm, mouth-watering chocolate chip cookies. Mrs. Fields cookies are freaking great, and unless you feel like making your own, these are the next best thing. All you have to do to warm them is stick them in the Microwave for 5-10 seconds on high, and bam! Instant perfection. For the more affected taste buds, Mint Milanos are superb with a rich cup of coffee.

9. Nine Plates of Nachos
Nine Plates of Nachos, and we want them with guacamole and salsa, mami! Why the hell not? You're already fat! Just give it up. And now that America has tried to blend just about everything with pizza (BBQ chicken, tai food, peanut butter, etc.), mixing a little nachos with pizza ain't nothing. But I suggest you eat the nachos as a snack while you wait for the other items to cook. It's kind of a before or after thing. They are so messy that you'd be a fool to eat them during play. You don't want to totally soil your controllers. And trying to pry jalapeno peppers out of your controller isn't what you'll want to do on the first day of owning Halo 2.

10. Ten Playboy Bunnies
That's right, I said it and I mean it. You are going to want 10 Playboy Bunnies to, eh-hem, "ease your stress" in between levels of Halo 2. Sadly (for us), only one man can really make this happen, and that's Hugh Hefner. But what the hell, if it were a perfect world, wouldn't you want a little sumpin'-sumpin' on the side in between levels of Halo 2? Hell yes you would! And 10 Playboy Bunnies would do you just fine. If you pay them enough, they'll come to your house, sit on your lap, talk dirty to you and come and go when you beckon them. Whatever you can get them to do besides that is your business. And of course, if your parents ask you how you got the idea, you don't know me.

I think it's safe to say I'll be having the crate of coke and pizza's, this game is going to make me fat I just know it! :(
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:42
Regular
"Touched!"
Again taken from IGN.com!

1. One Great Stereo System, and…
Yes, Halo 2 does indeed use Dolby Digital 5.1 and you will want to make sure you hear the clear, cleanly separated sound of Covenant shots blowing by your head. But in addition to that we suggest you also get a few other things, including one huge, plush carpeted room with 16 system-linked connections, TVs using wide-screen, high definition, and 16 copies of Halo 2. We'd also like you to buy 16 Ikea Vilan or Lunna recliner chairs (each at only $99!). Yeah, all that's pretty much a pipe-dream set up, but if we were to play Halo 2, this the kind of set up we'd pick. Not that we've played it or anything...

2. Two Boxes of Krispy Kreme Donuts
Well, what the hell else? You'll play Bungie's superb single-player mission for several hours, stretch to take a break, and what more would you want than the perfect sugary refreshment? Glazed old-fashioned Krispy Kremes are hard to beat. And really, you'll eat two before you even realized it. Maybe you should get even more.

3. Three Bags of Beef Jerky
What the devil? We promise you won't resort to Fran Mirabella-isms when you have them by your side. Instead of chewing on your lips, you can bite into some plain or maybe even some teriyaki-flavored dried meat to satisfy that carnal craving. And at the same time, you'll also have something to gnaw on as Master Chief dies in a pit of blazing fire at the game's end. Just kidding. He doesn't actually die in a flaming pit, he...

4. Four Frozen Pizzas
I've tried Stouffers, Mama Celeste and several others, but California Pizza Kitchen makes one damn fine solo-box of Meat Lovers or Quattro Formaggio pizza. It takes about 15 minutes or so to hear up at around 425 degrees fahrenheit, and one box will take care of your pangs of hunger for a good three of four hours. And you've got three more for that 3 am hunger. So easy!

5. Five Cases of Coke…
Well, you can switch out Coke for Pepsi, Mountain Dew for whatever, but the key here is to stay "up." Personally, I would probably only need one or two cans of Coke to keep me playing all night, but when those 5-6 am doldrums come on strong, one or two of these will either keep you up for several more hours, or knock you out completely. If you need more, than try No Doze. That will, without a doubt, kick your ass into high gear for hours.

6. Six Six-Packs of XX or Corona
What else will counter the intense buzz of too many Cokes? Naturally, beer. And if you have a bunch of friends around, beer works like nobody's business. Of course, if you're under age, well, just drink more soda, or eat more pizza, something's bound to happen…

7. Seven Plates of Vegetables
I know, you hate broccoli. So just like George Bush Sr., you can eat pork rinds, I mean, other things. The reason for vegetables is that once your scarf all that pizza and beef jerky, which is all just carbs, fat and protein, you'll desperately need some roughage to make all those, eh-hem, "processes" work well. If you're a total freak and a spoiled brat and can't eat most vegetables (and no, ketchup isn't a vege), carrots and celery are the way to go. I practically eat salad every night, so that's what I'd do. And, for the record, your ass will thank you the next day.

8. Eight-count bag full of Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dessert is an essential. You'll be all excited and full with all your other purchases, and then you'll want just one thing to cap that great eating experiment. What can be better than warm, mouth-watering chocolate chip cookies. Mrs. Fields cookies are freaking great, and unless you feel like making your own, these are the next best thing. All you have to do to warm them is stick them in the Microwave for 5-10 seconds on high, and bam! Instant perfection. For the more affected taste buds, Mint Milanos are superb with a rich cup of coffee.

9. Nine Plates of Nachos
Nine Plates of Nachos, and we want them with guacamole and salsa, mami! Why the hell not? You're already fat! Just give it up. And now that America has tried to blend just about everything with pizza (BBQ chicken, tai food, peanut butter, etc.), mixing a little nachos with pizza ain't nothing. But I suggest you eat the nachos as a snack while you wait for the other items to cook. It's kind of a before or after thing. They are so messy that you'd be a fool to eat them during play. You don't want to totally soil your controllers. And trying to pry jalapeno peppers out of your controller isn't what you'll want to do on the first day of owning Halo 2.

10. Ten Playboy Bunnies
That's right, I said it and I mean it. You are going to want 10 Playboy Bunnies to, eh-hem, "ease your stress" in between levels of Halo 2. Sadly (for us), only one man can really make this happen, and that's Hugh Hefner. But what the hell, if it were a perfect world, wouldn't you want a little sumpin'-sumpin' on the side in between levels of Halo 2? Hell yes you would! And 10 Playboy Bunnies would do you just fine. If you pay them enough, they'll come to your house, sit on your lap, talk dirty to you and come and go when you beckon them. Whatever you can get them to do besides that is your business. And of course, if your parents ask you how you got the idea, you don't know me.

I think it's safe to say I'll be having the crate of coke and pizza's, this game is going to make me fat I just know it! :(
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:48
Regular
I wish Krispy Kreme's were available over here :(
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:49
Regular
I might have to invest in a recliner though...

Don't want uncomfortable pain interrupting my gaming!
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:53
Regular
I get such a feeling so many people are going to be extremely disappointed with Halo 2.
Tue 26/10/04 at 09:55
Regular
"Touched!"
A-X-K wrote:
> I get such a feeling so many people are going to be extremely
> disappointed with Halo 2.

The one thing I really won't like is the lack of online/system link co-op :(
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:03
Regular
Doesn't fuss me. As long as the single player is decent I will be happy. I will be on LIVE of course but at my un-social hours I doubt anyone aside from the all 'nighters' will be on.

Then again this is Halo 2...
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:07
Regular
"Touched!"
I was on CS until 3 am last night heh, quality game. Roll on HL2!
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:15
Regular
"BOSE"
Here's 7 Things I Need To Play Halo 2 :-)

1. The comphy chair from downstairs that leans back and has an attached footrest.

2. A feed tube. (all the goodness the body needs flowing into my body from a bag using a tube)

3. A beer hat filled with juice (hat with 2 large cups on the top with straws going directly into mouth)

4. My sound system.

5. A sign on my door handel that says "Halo 2 - You Know What I'll Say If You Dare Knock On My Door!"

6. Not forgetting, Xbox and controler!

7. Some kind of toilet setup beneath me that means i can just fire at will without getting up. (like in hospitals!)
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:16
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I was on CS until 3 am last night heh, quality game. Roll on HL2!

Yeah, must arrange a few games on that before the week is out.
Tue 26/10/04 at 10:20
Regular
Daveus wrote:
> 5. A sign on my door handel that says "Halo 2 - You Know What
> I'll Say If You Dare Knock On My Door!"

Why not just wire an electrical current to the door handle? They'll never bother you again...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.