GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I still love Futurama..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/07/05 at 12:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The DVDs are so good, you don't realise how much of the good stuff is censored for TV.

'Amazonian Women in the Mood' just shows this, it's one of the best by far.

Woman - "Silence, you will die like last men visit Amazonia."
Fry - "What did they die of?"
Woman - "Crushed pelvises."
[URL]http://phi11ip.com/ran/crushed.jpg[/URL]
Fry -"Yes!"
Zapp - "Oh thankyou lord in Heaven!"

That scene had me laughing for ages, it's cut out when they show it on TV, it's a sod.

The other one that's really heavily censored is the one where Dr. Zoidberg goes back home to mate, so much is cut out of that one, worth watching the DVD version if you haven't seen it just for a few amazing one liners.

Dr. Zoidberg: How will I ever get rid of my male jelly now?
Fry: (Offers him his severed arm.) I'll lend you this.
Sun 10/07/05 at 20:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm trying to get as many animated box sets as I can. I try to watch Futurama when I can, but at the moment the Family Guy and Simpsons DVDs remain my pick of the week! But still, Futurama is a great show!
Sun 10/07/05 at 20:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
if it was censored for TV, why do I remember that scene?
Sun 10/07/05 at 20:43
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Zoidberg: Okay Fry, we need to look inside you with this camera.

*Fry opens mouth*

Zoidberg: Guess again.

Futurama pwns.
Sun 10/07/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
mattributé wrote:
> if it was censored for TV, why do I remember that scene?

Sky One and Channel 4 did different things.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Asher wrote:
> Futurama got cancelled before it really got going.
> It had so much more potential than the Simpsons, with an endless
> universe to explore.

You do have to look at it from both sides though. Yes, Futurama didn't use up all of it's potential, but at least every single episode was peak quality rather than The Simpsons which has turned into a shadow of the show it once was.

It's almost like Groening quit while he was ahead, before it got stale and old. Another season or two would have gone down nicely, but at least we'll all remember it for being a kick-ass TV show that was consistently brilliant, rather than when we watch The Simpsons and have all our fond memories dragged through the mud with increasingly crap and ridiculous story lines.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:34
Regular
"8==="
Heh.

Simpsons episodes don't have to make sense.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
True, but they aren't anywhere near as funny as they used to be.
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I usually get bored with a TV program by it's third series (X-Files, Buffy, CSI, 24 etc etc).

Only Family Guy and The Simpsons have managed to still seem good after 2 series.
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:04
Regular
Up until about Season 12, The Simpsons was great, but the majority of the newer stuff is dire >_<
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:14
Regular
"Green & White Army"
The reason Family Guy returned for it's forth season is because it sold so loads of DVD's isn't it? Ya think if loads of people buy the Futurama DVD's it will have any chance of a return? I hope so. After readin this thread I bought the Futurama game earlier and it is quite funny as well. Only played a few levels though but seems good.

Did I read somewhere that there is a Simpsons movie in the pipeline? That would be interesting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.