GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I still love Futurama..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/07/05 at 12:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The DVDs are so good, you don't realise how much of the good stuff is censored for TV.

'Amazonian Women in the Mood' just shows this, it's one of the best by far.

Woman - "Silence, you will die like last men visit Amazonia."
Fry - "What did they die of?"
Woman - "Crushed pelvises."
[URL]http://phi11ip.com/ran/crushed.jpg[/URL]
Fry -"Yes!"
Zapp - "Oh thankyou lord in Heaven!"

That scene had me laughing for ages, it's cut out when they show it on TV, it's a sod.

The other one that's really heavily censored is the one where Dr. Zoidberg goes back home to mate, so much is cut out of that one, worth watching the DVD version if you haven't seen it just for a few amazing one liners.

Dr. Zoidberg: How will I ever get rid of my male jelly now?
Fry: (Offers him his severed arm.) I'll lend you this.
Sun 10/07/05 at 12:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The DVDs are so good, you don't realise how much of the good stuff is censored for TV.

'Amazonian Women in the Mood' just shows this, it's one of the best by far.

Woman - "Silence, you will die like last men visit Amazonia."
Fry - "What did they die of?"
Woman - "Crushed pelvises."
[URL]http://phi11ip.com/ran/crushed.jpg[/URL]
Fry -"Yes!"
Zapp - "Oh thankyou lord in Heaven!"

That scene had me laughing for ages, it's cut out when they show it on TV, it's a sod.

The other one that's really heavily censored is the one where Dr. Zoidberg goes back home to mate, so much is cut out of that one, worth watching the DVD version if you haven't seen it just for a few amazing one liners.

Dr. Zoidberg: How will I ever get rid of my male jelly now?
Fry: (Offers him his severed arm.) I'll lend you this.
Sun 10/07/05 at 12:22
Regular
Aha, fantastic.

Added reason to buy the boxsets now (Even though I was definately going to get them anyway).
Sun 10/07/05 at 12:22
Regular
oh how i love Futurama, really is one of my favorite things, gets a lot more laughs from me than the Simpsons does.
Sun 10/07/05 at 12:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I laugh at Futurama more than the Simpsons too, but thats mainly because I've seen all of the great Simpsons episodes so many times that they're just amusing now. And the newer Simpsons are nowhere near as good.
Sun 10/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Futurama > all.
Sun 10/07/05 at 15:14
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Thank you. You have reminded my of the genuis that is Futurama so I think I may have to start collecting them as well. Already got all the first 3 seasons of Family Guy which is on par with Futurama.
Sun 10/07/05 at 15:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I always found Family Guy to be quite sub-standard overall, although there are some great moments in it (The Special Olympics for instance). I think it's just that I don't like any of the characters.
Sun 10/07/05 at 15:42
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> Dr. Zoidberg: How will I ever get rid of my male jelly now?
> Fry: (Offers him his severed arm.) I'll lend you this.

That made me laugh really hard. Time to go back and watch some of the DVDs, methinks.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:10
Regular
Futurama got cancelled before it really got going.
It had so much more potential than the Simpsons, with an endless universe to explore. You can see how much the Simpsons is running out of steam from the bizzareness in most of the new episodes.
Sun 10/07/05 at 20:10
"For the horde!!!!"
Yeah great cartoon

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.