GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I still love Futurama..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/07/05 at 12:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The DVDs are so good, you don't realise how much of the good stuff is censored for TV.

'Amazonian Women in the Mood' just shows this, it's one of the best by far.

Woman - "Silence, you will die like last men visit Amazonia."
Fry - "What did they die of?"
Woman - "Crushed pelvises."
[URL]http://phi11ip.com/ran/crushed.jpg[/URL]
Fry -"Yes!"
Zapp - "Oh thankyou lord in Heaven!"

That scene had me laughing for ages, it's cut out when they show it on TV, it's a sod.

The other one that's really heavily censored is the one where Dr. Zoidberg goes back home to mate, so much is cut out of that one, worth watching the DVD version if you haven't seen it just for a few amazing one liners.

Dr. Zoidberg: How will I ever get rid of my male jelly now?
Fry: (Offers him his severed arm.) I'll lend you this.
Tue 12/07/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh, fair do's. :D
Tue 12/07/05 at 11:57
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Chipseh, they're two different scenes. The first is from Parasites Lost, while the second is from Episode Two: The Series has Landed.

I spent ages yesterday watching episodes from Season Three. I love Futurama.
Mon 11/07/05 at 11:55
Correcting people on scenes from tv shows is so cool
Mon 11/07/05 at 11:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Rai wrote:
> Zoidberg: Okay Fry, we need to look inside you with this camera.
>
> *Fry opens mouth*
>
> Zoidberg: Guess again.

Pfft.

Zoidberg: Now open your mouth and let's have a look at that brain. (Fry opens his mouth). No no no no no, not that mouth...
Fry: I only have one
Zoidberg: Really?
Fry: Uh, is there a human doctor around?
Zoidberg: Young lady, I'm an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it an say "Kruhkruhgruhkruh"
(Fry imitates that sound)
Zoidberg: What!?, my mother was a saint... Get out!!

I memorised that scene, due to the genius and the amount of times I've seen it. :)
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:20
Regular
"8==="
Reefer wrote:
> Up until about Season 12, The Simpsons was great, but the majority of
> the newer stuff is dire >_<

Yep, like the south park two were saying: the Simpsons has done everything.

Although I've recently noticed that they've been stealing things from Family Guy:

Hooters Waitress: Hi, see anything you like?

*Homers eyes move down to stare at the waitress' breasts, she slaps him and we can see a sign saying something like 'don't look at our waitress' breasts"*

The whole way this is done is a blatant Family Guy reference/steal.
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:16
Regular
"8==="
KOPKING wrote:
> The reason Family Guy returned for it's forth season is because it
> sold so loads of DVD's isn't it?

and loads of people rang up demanding that it was returned to the schedules.
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:14
Regular
"Green & White Army"
The reason Family Guy returned for it's forth season is because it sold so loads of DVD's isn't it? Ya think if loads of people buy the Futurama DVD's it will have any chance of a return? I hope so. After readin this thread I bought the Futurama game earlier and it is quite funny as well. Only played a few levels though but seems good.

Did I read somewhere that there is a Simpsons movie in the pipeline? That would be interesting.
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:04
Regular
Up until about Season 12, The Simpsons was great, but the majority of the newer stuff is dire >_<
Mon 11/07/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I usually get bored with a TV program by it's third series (X-Files, Buffy, CSI, 24 etc etc).

Only Family Guy and The Simpsons have managed to still seem good after 2 series.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
True, but they aren't anywhere near as funny as they used to be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.