GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't mourn the passing of sega"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 21:58
Regular
of people were upset whenever Sega anounced that the Dreamcast was "dead", much like in the same way pre-pubescent schoolgirls did at the passing of Take That, but, also like the Passing of Take That, it has numerous good points.

1.Sega's primary talent, i.e. making games can be shared with all, not just DC owners. Games like Crazy Taxi will appear on the PS2.

2. Sega will be able to make games for the other formats, and also make them so that they will be able to take advantage of the other consoles power.

3. It will stop a small proportion of the market buying a console that is under supported. The DC was a good console in its own right, but the small number of 3rd party developers couldn't make enough high quality games to keep up with the rest of the market.
Mon 04/06/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The arcade machines should stay if they are going to concentrate on making games.
Mon 04/06/01 at 22:42
I can see them possibly making a new console maybe 20 years from now, anything is possible so long as Sega continue the Arcade branch of their company.
Mon 04/06/01 at 22:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is my 100th post so this is a bit of a milestone for me.

Sega, in my view, will create games, make profits and then make a wonderful console that everyone will be proud of.
Mon 04/06/01 at 22:18
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
They won't EVER make a new console in my opinion.

But that's just me.
Mon 04/06/01 at 22:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Sega uses everything that is available to them so using other machines can only benfit them and improve their profile.
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:45
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I cant wait to see the joint RPG by Sega and Nintendo on GC it looks like it is gonna rock!

If Sega get enough money by doing whatever or making and developing games then they could just bring out another console sometime in the future!
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:42
"possibly impossible"
ok,

Atari - Whitesnake - underrated and almost forgotton, until someone mentions them in passing. Some people still have their stuff in their collections, but don't always play them and many newcomers have never heard of them.

Sinclair - Pink Floyd - Definately dead as of new material, but classic and fondly remembered by many. Slightly obscure at times and mainstream at others.

Commodore - Bon Jovi - They were pretty mainstream and very popular in the 80's. Keep making unexpected comebacks with different members when everyone least expects it.

Sega - Eric Clapton - a classic, liked by many in various forms, now going solo and seemingly going back to it's roots.

Nintendo - Boy/mixed Bands - From the classic days (The Beatles) to current day (Steps/Westlife/S-Club 7...) it is enjoyed by many youngsters and adults too, although some people pretend not to like it, a lot of people have a soft spot for this ever inventive lot.
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Sonic was great and needs to go multiplatform because Sega were struggling with their own consoles.
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:35
If Sonic is the Robbie Williams of Gaming, then Vib Ribbon is the Gary Barlow of Gaming, apart from the immense weight difference, obviously.

Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Comparing Sega to Take That. How odd.

Is Sonic the Hedgehog the
> Robbie Williams of gaming? That's the question we should be
> asking.

In Take That, Robbie was popular, but only with a small
> amount of the population ie young girls. The same could be said of
> Sonic, popular, but only as far as Sega console owners
> go.

Leaving Take That was a good move for young Robbie, and he's
> now in a position of one of the most popular pop stars in the
> country, and his music appeals to millions, not just small girls.
> Will the same fate come to Sonic the Hedgehog?

It seems quite
> likely that Sonic will go multiplatform, so will be there for a
> wider audience, and given the skill of Sonic Team, they will craft
> popular games for him. So Sonic should become a hugely popular
> gaming icon.

So if Sonic is the Robbie Williams of gaming, who is
> the Gary Barlow?
Mon 04/06/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Sega make brillant games and need good machines to play those games on so it can only benefit everyone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.