GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why new games need some improvement"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 21:45
Regular
Game sequels are meant to be improved versions of the game, not just having a number put on the end or having the number made bigger! Take Gran Turismo 3 for instance. Gran Turismo 3 has 150 cars? What a joke! This should be called FAST TURISMO! The whole idea of a sequel is to improve on past games, hence it should have more cars (Not less!), more manufacturers, more tracks, and most important of all, ONLINE PLAY! Not just a few touched up graphics. Its about the realism of the car that counts! Not just how good the cars look. It should all be about handling, speed and pyshics. Better graphics won't make the game last longer, be more fun or feel more real. Companies now days just take big name games and add a number to the end. I mean, look at the Army Men series, around 5 sequels and its still as s***e as ever. Thanks to Bobdefish for giving me the idea!
Sun 03/06/01 at 08:20
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
No-point....They won't listen..We are just the public.
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Back For Good"
True,i can understand some games not changing much like spyro,bust a move etc but some need to be something else than just a slight upgrade!!!
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:13
Good point, just look at Fifa.

Games makers need to start getting more original ideas, or at least put soem serious ideas into sequels, instead of this rubbish which is just a slight tweaking, rather than a vastly improved game.

Get you act together games makers! or sony will have Tomb Raider 7 and Tekken 8 as new games!
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:45
Game sequels are meant to be improved versions of the game, not just having a number put on the end or having the number made bigger! Take Gran Turismo 3 for instance. Gran Turismo 3 has 150 cars? What a joke! This should be called FAST TURISMO! The whole idea of a sequel is to improve on past games, hence it should have more cars (Not less!), more manufacturers, more tracks, and most important of all, ONLINE PLAY! Not just a few touched up graphics. Its about the realism of the car that counts! Not just how good the cars look. It should all be about handling, speed and pyshics. Better graphics won't make the game last longer, be more fun or feel more real. Companies now days just take big name games and add a number to the end. I mean, look at the Army Men series, around 5 sequels and its still as s***e as ever. Thanks to Bobdefish for giving me the idea!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.