GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo announce Christmas campaign"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 14:36
Regular
Hot on the heels on the very successful Donkey Konga (many average everyday people have heard of the little gem) Nintendo have confirmed a massive camapaign for the GBA (With Mario Party, super Mario Ball, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and Zelda that is not surprise) and a campaign that concentrates on the upcoming Metroid Prime game, Echoes.

Nintendo are campaigning their home systems with new bundles. The "Mario Kart" bundle of last year for the Gamecube has had a price cut to £79 (so includes a game now) and features a Platinum coloured Gamecube. The already released Donkey Konga bundle features a game, a Gamecube, a controller and a set of bongo's for just £89.

This is coupled with 3 new GBA's. The Pink GBA to appeal to the female gamer, the Gold GBA that is bundled with The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and a red and silver GBA that is bundled with the upcoming classic Mario Vs. Donkey Kong.

All very nice and Nintendo are stating how they want to continue the 20% rise on Gamecube sales over last year.

What I am glad about is that they are putting a lot of emphasis on Metroid Prime. Teaser ads, television ads, postcard campaigns etc... etc... the usual Nintendo lot will promote the game. Just around the launch of Halo 2 as it happens.

What I am let down about is they are putting NO emphasis on Paper Mario 2. It is brave for Nintendo to fight their oppositions with an adult game (a real adult push this Christmas)... but I honestly believe they can make a very good profit with Paper Mario 2 (as it be a kids game). This be a £5 million UK advertisement campaign.

Oh well, Prime looks fantastic anyway and it will appeal to a larger audience.

Go tendo.
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:36
Regular
Hot on the heels on the very successful Donkey Konga (many average everyday people have heard of the little gem) Nintendo have confirmed a massive camapaign for the GBA (With Mario Party, super Mario Ball, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and Zelda that is not surprise) and a campaign that concentrates on the upcoming Metroid Prime game, Echoes.

Nintendo are campaigning their home systems with new bundles. The "Mario Kart" bundle of last year for the Gamecube has had a price cut to £79 (so includes a game now) and features a Platinum coloured Gamecube. The already released Donkey Konga bundle features a game, a Gamecube, a controller and a set of bongo's for just £89.

This is coupled with 3 new GBA's. The Pink GBA to appeal to the female gamer, the Gold GBA that is bundled with The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and a red and silver GBA that is bundled with the upcoming classic Mario Vs. Donkey Kong.

All very nice and Nintendo are stating how they want to continue the 20% rise on Gamecube sales over last year.

What I am glad about is that they are putting a lot of emphasis on Metroid Prime. Teaser ads, television ads, postcard campaigns etc... etc... the usual Nintendo lot will promote the game. Just around the launch of Halo 2 as it happens.

What I am let down about is they are putting NO emphasis on Paper Mario 2. It is brave for Nintendo to fight their oppositions with an adult game (a real adult push this Christmas)... but I honestly believe they can make a very good profit with Paper Mario 2 (as it be a kids game). This be a £5 million UK advertisement campaign.

Oh well, Prime looks fantastic anyway and it will appeal to a larger audience.

Go tendo.
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:37
Regular
Dringo wrote:

>
> The Pink GBA to appeal to the
> female gamer,

HA HA
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:39
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
>
> The Pink GBA to appeal to the
> female gamer,
>
> HA HA

Yeah I know, it looks terrible.

I bet it'll sell like funk though.
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:40
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If only they called it the 'Gamegirl'

Or 'Gayboy', if you're that way inclined.
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Have a look at this: [URL]http://raw.wwe.com/results/102504/results.html[/URL]

Wonder how much tht cost Nintendo!
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:49
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> If only they called it the 'Gamegirl'
>
> Or 'Gayboy', if you're that way inclined.

Yeah they did a pink original Gameboy didn't they. That was a Gamegirl.
Tue 26/10/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
got a bit bored of metroid prime half way through and sold it. i was wondering if anyone wouldnt mind giving me a quick plot summary so that I am fully pepared for the up and coming much improved echoes?
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:00
Regular
"8==="
CGJ14 wrote:
> Have a look at this:
> [URL]http://raw.wwe.com/results/102504/results.html[/URL]
>
> Wonder how much tht cost Nintendo!

There's about a billion random ads there. I've reloaded the page 20 times and still haven't seen the nintendo one.

So, about 5p?
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:00
Regular
"8==="
CGJ14 wrote:
> Have a look at this:
> [URL]http://raw.wwe.com/results/102504/results.html[/URL]
>
> Wonder how much tht cost Nintendo!

There's about a billion random ads there. I've reloaded the page 20 times and still haven't seen the nintendo one.

So, about 5p?
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Look at all those DS logo's!

pfft...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.