GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo announce Christmas campaign"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 14:36
Regular
Hot on the heels on the very successful Donkey Konga (many average everyday people have heard of the little gem) Nintendo have confirmed a massive camapaign for the GBA (With Mario Party, super Mario Ball, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and Zelda that is not surprise) and a campaign that concentrates on the upcoming Metroid Prime game, Echoes.

Nintendo are campaigning their home systems with new bundles. The "Mario Kart" bundle of last year for the Gamecube has had a price cut to £79 (so includes a game now) and features a Platinum coloured Gamecube. The already released Donkey Konga bundle features a game, a Gamecube, a controller and a set of bongo's for just £89.

This is coupled with 3 new GBA's. The Pink GBA to appeal to the female gamer, the Gold GBA that is bundled with The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and a red and silver GBA that is bundled with the upcoming classic Mario Vs. Donkey Kong.

All very nice and Nintendo are stating how they want to continue the 20% rise on Gamecube sales over last year.

What I am glad about is that they are putting a lot of emphasis on Metroid Prime. Teaser ads, television ads, postcard campaigns etc... etc... the usual Nintendo lot will promote the game. Just around the launch of Halo 2 as it happens.

What I am let down about is they are putting NO emphasis on Paper Mario 2. It is brave for Nintendo to fight their oppositions with an adult game (a real adult push this Christmas)... but I honestly believe they can make a very good profit with Paper Mario 2 (as it be a kids game). This be a £5 million UK advertisement campaign.

Oh well, Prime looks fantastic anyway and it will appeal to a larger audience.

Go tendo.
Wed 27/10/04 at 17:39
Regular
"8==="
There are moonbeams in Halo. ;)
Wed 27/10/04 at 17:21
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Five minutes later they were off chasing moonbeams again.

Several hours later they were play Pro Evo 4...

A few hours after that Halo.
Wed 27/10/04 at 17:10
Regular
"8==="
Five minutes later they were off chasing moonbeams again.
Wed 27/10/04 at 16:00
Regular
A-X-K wrote:
> Do all your friends have inferior mental capacities?

There were my brothers friends and they did go "ohh you got it, it looks rather fun" and then asked if they could play.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:33
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Ahahaha.
>
> Im weeping.

I actually am.

This thread is utter brilliance.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:24
Regular
Damn right, I've never yelled GO TENDO so hard in my life.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:21
Regular
Mwahaha!

Did you bang the fat bongo with the hairy lip?
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ahahaha.

Im weeping.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:19
Regular
I know what he means. Just yesterday I was walking back from the shops and through someones window I saw the bongos. I immediatly ran up and pressed myself against the window and yelled "YOU'VE GOT IT!!" and he opened the door, gave me a big grin and said "Come and join the party!!".

So I went in and there were about 17 people (all from the street) and loads of bongos, and we all sat around banging alongside each other for hours and hours, I actually only just ogt back 10 minutes ago.

It was the most fun I'd ever had, and I impregnated 3 people in the process.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:17
Regular
Do all your friends have inferior mental capacities?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.