GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Ocean: anyone played?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Ocean: Till the End of Time'.
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
At first glance looks quite interesting. Isnt much info in the special reserve reviews. Has anyone got it and does it compare with anything?
Wed 16/02/05 at 21:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
Nah, nothing compares to Tsunami Bomb in Disgaea.

Take some time, listen to a couple of riffs and try to find the solo and you'll be a changed man.
Wed 16/02/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've had SO3 for ages but never got into it, started it up the other day and now I'm hooked. (All it took was a little time spent getting used to the battle system).

Best soundtrack ever.
Mon 08/11/04 at 11:21
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
My advice, create a save in gemity, just in case as some of the beasties are a bit tough! From now on they get a lot harder!
Mon 08/11/04 at 11:10
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Im now just leaving Gemity. You get your disintagration ring in the cave you get the dragon from. You get it off a rabbit called Vanilla. After that you can top up on your bombs, from the sales rabbit that apeares in inns. It has to be one of the best games iv'e actually played. The story outshines FF.
Thu 04/11/04 at 08:39
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Woohoo double post!

But BIGGER woohoo, managed to finish the begger! 62 hours 44 mins! without doing any of the side quests or much inventing. Got a feeling there is enough to go back to!
Tue 02/11/04 at 08:40
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> What?
> Do you need to invent it or something?

Nope, in one of the later dungeons, you get some temporary hammer ones, then later a rabbit looking chap will make the ring for you.

Got to the final boss last night (think it was anyway), but he opened a big can of whoopass on me, grrr, tonight i shall have him!
Also noticed i've opened universe hardness level with the number of trophies i've managed to aquire! Nice!

lalakers >

Gameplay yes possibly better/as good as FFX, but story wise no, bit predictable, unless the endings got a cheeky twist a la FFX
Mon 01/11/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I\'ll compare it to something

Star Ocean 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFX

But then anything done by Nippon Ichi Software >>>>> anything else :-D
Mon 01/11/04 at 18:35
"period drama"
fragout123 wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Have you got whatever item it is that lets your break stuff yet?
>
> You get a couple of random ones first then the ring of
> disintergration, which is what you really need.

What?
Do you need to invent it or something?
Mon 01/11/04 at 14:25
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Have you got whatever item it is that lets your break stuff yet?

You get a couple of random ones first then the ring of disintergration, which is what you really need.

> I think my battle trophies save got corrupted some how - it won't
> save it anymore if I get a new one, but all the old ones still show
> up from the main menu. And you can't start again with them, can you?
> How very annoying.

Gutted, but i think if you finish it, then start over/harder i think the battle trophies carry over, as reading about it, i don't think you can get them all first time through anyway!

Think i'm on the final leg of the story now, and i can't go back anywhere, all i can say is the bad guys are sure gettin a lot harder, and i should have levelled up in Gemity more + invented more weapons n stuff! Ah well plod on!
Mon 01/11/04 at 13:46
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Im playing it, about 50 hours in on second game. Started on hard mode and got stuck. Ive just had the meating with the king of Ariglith, and I'm on my way back through the desert. Has everyone got the Table from the garden. Carn't remember the proper name of the place but it's across the bridge on the way to Aquiose. When you get the table. Give it to Welch in Petermy. It will open the 2 player fight mode up. Im not a lover of the fight system either but make good use of the books. They will give you good moves, and magic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.