GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOOOOO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/07/05 at 23:41
Regular
"Divine Davine"
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Right about a couple of weeks ago I purchased this amazing Dreamcast deal off Ebay (I just wanted to restart my collection, you know), and I sent my cheque over to them (£46.05). Two weeks later (today), they said that the cheque DIED on them. In what way do they mean DIED? And now I'm worried they have cashed my money because they havent returned it yet.

What a bunch of absolute t**ers.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:34
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Cheers mate, I didn't really want this thread to go out of control.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Fair enough - apology accepted.

I can understand you feeling frustrated - get your dad to check his account and if the money hasn't gone contact them again about payment.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:33
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Timmargh wrote:
> If you posted the cheque it would've taken a couple of days to get
> there; they post it to their bank - a couple more days; the bank
> takes at least 3 working days to present the cheque - if there's a
> problem then it'll take at least a couple more days for them to send
> a letter to whoever it is; they send a letter to you ... you get the
> idea?
>
> "Watch my mouth" ... ? Or what exactly?

Thats the thing Timmargh, its coming up to 3 weeks. And sorry about the insult, you caught me in the moment.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:30
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Okay, you're right, I'm sorry and I apologise - I'm just overreacting. Its just that I want this Dreamcast so bad, and its just been a very long time, and I've just got nothing to do, so I've been waiting on this. I know its not very interesting, so sorry.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:30
Regular
"The Red Shift"
gimo80 wrote:
> Yeah, they didn't want to do Paypal. The thing is, they had a lot of
> decent feedback, so I trusted them.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
gimo80 wrote:
> so I suggest you watch your mouth, mate.

hahaha

why didn't yo use paypal? it's quicker and safer.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
If you posted the cheque it would've taken a couple of days to get there; they post it to their bank - a couple more days; the bank takes at least 3 working days to present the cheque - if there's a problem then it'll take at least a couple more days for them to send a letter to whoever it is; they send a letter to you ... you get the idea?

"Watch my mouth" ... ? Or what exactly?
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:18
Regular
Oh well
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:17
Regular
"Divine Davine"
No, its just that they have kept that cheque for an extremely long time, and then they just reply today so that I have to wait even longer. Its not a case of me being a '****', so I suggest you watch your mouth, mate.
Thu 07/07/05 at 00:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Maybe you filled in the cheque wrong? Maybe it bounced?

If you don't know for sure if the money's gone and they've got loads of good feedback then chances are you're being a **** for nothing - check things before you go around screaming and moaning like a little girl.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.