GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Would you have...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/07/05 at 16:20
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Earlier, I was at the cash point and there was some woman about 50 there.

She took ages and she kept taking her card out and putting in back in and re-entering the number then she walked away so I stepped forwards to get my money out then the thing started bleeping and then about £300 came out.

Who here would have taken that and would it have made much difference if it was just £10 coming out.
Wed 06/07/05 at 17:43
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
tigamilla wrote:
> Flippin heck, I was told that a crack team of psychologists went to
> work on those machines to make sure that when you make a withdrawal,
> your cash only comes out IF you take your card out.

If you leave your card in there after a while it goes back in and gets gobbled up.

If someone else takes it tho...
Wed 06/07/05 at 17:42
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Take the cash!
Wed 06/07/05 at 17:33
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Flock wrote:
> About 18 months ago i was waiting at a cashpoint not taking much
> notice, the guy in front walks off and i go up to the machine and
> read "Balance £400 would you like to make another
> transaction" the guy had left his card in it and walked off,
> being the honest prat i am i pressed no, got his card and ran after
> him, losing my place in the hefty queue (Christmas) so i presume i'd
> do the same thing.

Flippin heck, I was told that a crack team of psychologists went to work on those machines to make sure that when you make a withdrawal, your cash only comes out IF you take your card out.

Ha hah they forgot to add the same requirement to simple balance enquiries. I think someone should get fired.
Wed 06/07/05 at 17:30
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
£10 I would have taken, as clearly anyone lacking upstairs / dazed enough to do that probably wouldn't know what to do with it anyway :P

Anything more than £10, and big conscience alert alarms would start going off in my head and I would return it... All of it.
Wed 06/07/05 at 17:08
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'd have given the money back to the person, but only because cash machines are under surveillance and I'd most definitely be caught.
Wed 06/07/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Give it back, whatever the amount.

Would you want someone else to steal your money? People who do things like leave cash or their card might have something serious or personal on their mind.
Wed 06/07/05 at 16:58
Regular
You'd be on camera so you'd be busted eventually.
Wed 06/07/05 at 16:54
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Flock wrote:
> About 18 months ago i was waiting at a cashpoint not taking much
> notice, the guy in front walks off and i go up to the machine and
> read "Balance £400 would you like to make another
> transaction" the guy had left his card in it and walked off,

If people can be that stupid then they almost deserve to have their money stolen.
Wed 06/07/05 at 16:54
Regular
I'd of taken it. Simple.
Wed 06/07/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
About 18 months ago i was waiting at a cashpoint not taking much notice, the guy in front walks off and i go up to the machine and read "Balance £400 would you like to make another transaction" the guy had left his card in it and walked off, being the honest prat i am i pressed no, got his card and ran after him, losing my place in the hefty queue (Christmas) so i presume i'd do the same thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.