GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheapest place to buy an iPod?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/07/05 at 10:08
Regular
I know I should look myself but wondered if anyone had just bought one at a good price and could save me the hassle, cos I'm a lazy git, bascially.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
Fri 08/07/05 at 00:39
Zen products have a 98dB SNR (signal to noise ratio) and the iPod only has a 90dB SNR.
That's a vastly superior quality in sound.

Fact.
Thu 07/07/05 at 18:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Memorandum! wrote:
> It's simple fact that there are plenty of other players that are at
> least
equal in quality but at a lower cost. More often than not,
> you can get more capacity/longer battery life for less than a similar
> iPod.

Agreed.

And I have an iPod. An iPod that I love. But it's far too much.
Thu 07/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"8==="
Indeed.

Style over 'content'. ;)
Thu 07/07/05 at 12:56
Regular
"bot"
It's simple fact that there are plenty of other players that are at least equal in quality but at a lower cost. More often than not, you can get more capacity/longer battery life for less than a similar iPod.
Thu 07/07/05 at 04:13
Regular
"8==="
Only if they person dismissing is infact a complete nob.
Wed 06/07/05 at 23:15
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hedfix wrote:
> conformity

It could be argued that dismissing the iPod so strongly in some cases could be regarded as conformity.
Wed 06/07/05 at 23:10
Regular
Common sense?

Come on guys, let's not get so up our own backsides that we're not willing to listen to reason. There are quite obviously people here with different opinions over the available portable music drives, and we can only offer our experiences to others and allow them to make their decision.

What I will say for sure is the nonsense about iPod's being more prone to suffering hardware failures is so far from the truth.

iPod's are no more inclined to break down than any other portable music player, and in the odd instance that they do (more often through a lack of care afforded to this delicate piece of kit, which may I add ALL portable music hard drives are) Apple's customer care is second to none.

A visit to the Apple support page alone will fix most troubleshooting issues immediately and the apple community is amongst the most friendly, knowledgeable and understanding as you'll find.

In the rare instance a repair is required, Apple collect, fix, and deliver back the iPod within a matter of days. Door to door service, no need for you to pay any expensive costs or even bother with a journey to the post office to send the package special delivery.

Sorry guys, to say they are more likely to break down is unfounded and irrelevant. The quality of the iPod speaks for itself, the only conformity involved is not being afraid to follow the market leading product.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:56
Regular
"8==="
Yeah if you place style and conformity over commonsense then go for it.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:54
I also recommend Creative products, frankly because I know no one whose Zen has ever broken, and lots who have had their iPods hard disc or battery fail

But yeah, personal preference and all that jazz
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:53
Regular
"8==="
DirtyRogue wrote:
>
> A ten pound difference to get double the capacity is a pretty good
> deal as far as i'm concerned.

Which means the cheaper one should be MUCH cheaper than it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.