GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"G8 Summit - A Fraud & A Circus, who cares?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/07/05 at 01:28
Regular
"be happy"
[URL]http://pilger.carlton.com/print[/URL]

So a few million people enjoyed the concerts, but how many actually give a sh-t about the millions who die needlessly every year?

I don't want to form an opinion from one article, but it seems about right to me. Live 8 was all about raising awareness apparently, but I think on that score it failed miserably.

And why did the BBC cut to 'Wossy' when the video messages were playing? That was just OBSCENE. Forget the serious bits, lets have some jokes and music clips.

Any thoughts? (please read the article).[URL]http://pilger.carlton.com/print[/URL]
Tue 05/07/05 at 01:28
Regular
"be happy"
[URL]http://pilger.carlton.com/print[/URL]

So a few million people enjoyed the concerts, but how many actually give a sh-t about the millions who die needlessly every year?

I don't want to form an opinion from one article, but it seems about right to me. Live 8 was all about raising awareness apparently, but I think on that score it failed miserably.

And why did the BBC cut to 'Wossy' when the video messages were playing? That was just OBSCENE. Forget the serious bits, lets have some jokes and music clips.

Any thoughts? (please read the article).[URL]http://pilger.carlton.com/print[/URL]
Tue 05/07/05 at 21:26
"Darkness, always"
My personal viewpoint is that cancelling third world debt would be detrimental to them anyway. I say, simply continue making them repay the debts, but have the receiving countries pay it back to them via infrastructural aid. That way, they pay their own way out of crisis, earn their way out of poverty, and save the rest of us a fortune in government aid packages that get washed away in the bottomless pit of need that the developing world represents.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:59
Regular
"be happy"
What about the fact that these debts are b-llshit in the first place? Money lent to dictators to buy arms, at ridiculous rates of interest. How can you make a country pay back debts which are many times over the amount originally borrowed, and many times over what it can ever afford to pay?

Anyway, I think this is my last post on these boards. What a poor response, and what a sorry state of affairs if no-one even gives a sh-t about Africa. People would rather sling a few quid in a bucket than actually learn about the problem, so don't ask them to have an opinion.

That's the greatest friend of these arrogant, ignorant, vain, pompous millionaires who act in our name. Apathy. They can literally get away with murder.
Wed 06/07/05 at 00:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Anyone watch the news earlier? The protesters really puzzled me. One of them said that their only intention was "to disrupt the G8 summit as much as they possibly could"

How can that possibly do anybody any good?
Wed 06/07/05 at 02:16
Regular
A bit presumptious assuming that just because you haven't got a billion replies that no cares.

I think IB's idea is good, but only if it was put into practice.
ALL of the countries debt payments would be spent on aid. That way the money would go back to the country and you wouldn't have some numskull government blowing another loan on weapons.

Thing is, our governments don't seem to want to let go of our economic advantages. It's all about the PR game nowdays - look like you're doing something enough to shut up the protesters.
Bloody politics!
Wed 06/07/05 at 07:26
Regular
"Laughingstock"
pauliewalnuts wrote:
> Anyway, I think this is my last post on these boards. What a poor
> response, and what a sorry state of affairs if no-one even gives a
> sh-t about Africa.

Unless a person has an indepth understanding of the history of how the West (particularily European countries) has exploited Africa and its resources over the decades/centuries, it's difficult to make a comment that isn't anything more than a naive generalization.
Wed 06/07/05 at 17:58
Regular
I still think you whites owe Africa for the many years of slavery. And the way you raped their land of resources.
Wed 06/07/05 at 18:00
Regular
"bot"
"you whites"

Wed 06/07/05 at 18:00
Regular
"\\"
Did any of our generation take them as slaves?

Are any of their current generation slaves to us?

No.

So I really don't see how we owe them anything.
Wed 06/07/05 at 18:01
"you whites"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.