GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finally got round to watching War of the Worlds..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/07/05 at 14:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Meh. I mean, I liked it, but it wasn't the big all-conquering mammoth summer blockbuster I expected it to be. I get a bit annoyed with all these worthy directors forgoing major action set-pieces to focus on, quote unquote, "the human element". Sure, you need something to keep the plot moving, but when the action is as good as it is in WOTW, you don't want it to stop so you can see how much Tom Cruise loves his kids. It's like when Titanic came out, Cameron kept on about how it was a love story set on the backdrop of a disaster. Was it gonads, mate.

That said, the Tripods are wicked, their unveiling is brilliantly done and the ferry scene is fantastic. Just wish we could have seen the battle over the hill and had a bit more of the actual aliens themselves. I liked the ending, despite what a few people have been saying, and I thought the little touches, like the corpses in the river and the clothes floating down from the sky were excellent, as was a lot of the camerawork. Some of it felt unfinished though, like the scene near the end where Cruise is outrunning the tripods - it bows down to snaffle him up and there's no sound effect? Sound was nonetheless pretty good throughout.

A success, but not as amazingly incredible as I'd built it up to be. Nuts.
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]
Sun 03/07/05 at 21:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Wow, Hudson Hawk is on TV tonight! Maybe it's fate that I watch it.
Sun 03/07/05 at 14:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You should be named Hudson Hawk. Although your site does rock.
Sun 03/07/05 at 14:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Meh. I mean, I liked it, but it wasn't the big all-conquering mammoth summer blockbuster I expected it to be. I get a bit annoyed with all these worthy directors forgoing major action set-pieces to focus on, quote unquote, "the human element". Sure, you need something to keep the plot moving, but when the action is as good as it is in WOTW, you don't want it to stop so you can see how much Tom Cruise loves his kids. It's like when Titanic came out, Cameron kept on about how it was a love story set on the backdrop of a disaster. Was it gonads, mate.

That said, the Tripods are wicked, their unveiling is brilliantly done and the ferry scene is fantastic. Just wish we could have seen the battle over the hill and had a bit more of the actual aliens themselves. I liked the ending, despite what a few people have been saying, and I thought the little touches, like the corpses in the river and the clothes floating down from the sky were excellent, as was a lot of the camerawork. Some of it felt unfinished though, like the scene near the end where Cruise is outrunning the tripods - it bows down to snaffle him up and there's no sound effect? Sound was nonetheless pretty good throughout.

A success, but not as amazingly incredible as I'd built it up to be. Nuts.
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/index.php[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.