GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Live 8 - The Best Bits?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/07/05 at 21:36
Regular
What are you Live 8 best bits?

I've been watching since Snoop Dogg, but not sure how much I missed before that.

Top of the list is Velvet Revolver. Bough the album today as a spur of the moment thing, hadn't heard a single track off it, but it had been recommended to me.

By their performance tonight, I won't be disappointed - I thought they were amazing.

Second is Joss Stones drummer. A huge black bloke with a funky hat just going for it like mad - and thoroughly enjoying himself by the looks of things - and fair play to him!

Third - The Killers. Can't believe they only did one track but what they did was spot on!
Sun 03/07/05 at 13:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I only watched Pink Floyd.
May only have been a handful of songs, but seeing Waters back onstage with Gilmour, Mason & Wright was absolutely fantastic.
Sun 03/07/05 at 13:26
Regular
How did it go quick? It was one looooooooooong concert.
Sun 03/07/05 at 13:05
Regular
"Catch it!"
I think Live 8 went to quick but it was still great.
Sun 03/07/05 at 12:56
Regular
No Quo makes Live 8 suxors!111
Sun 03/07/05 at 12:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No-one else think it was just a shameless act of self promotion for already rich artists...?

To be fair I didn't watch it. But the things I've read just reek of popstar egos in their bubble of fame and fortune... 'Sir' Paul threatening not to play unless he could open and close proceedings... Madonna taking over an hour of extra time to rehearse leaving other acts with very little practise time... It all just seems like the usual popstar bull. They now feel like they've made history by performing in some concert, and they can just sit back and let other people do the rest... Maybe poverty would be erased much quicker if they donated some of their millions spent on ludicrous extravagances rather than just donating a few hours of their time for self-promotion.

Not that I'm cynical or anything...
Sun 03/07/05 at 12:46
Regular
"I'm Back!"
pink floyd, Mcartney nowhere near his glastonbury epic standard, I know he only played a few songs, but Mcartney at glasto will never be topped.
Sun 03/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Superb as usual
Annie Lennox, Coldplay, Elton John, Travis, UB40, Sting, Robbie Williams

Better than I'd expected
Scissor Sisters, The Who

Disappointingly average
U2, Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd

Worse than I'd hoped
Dido
Sun 03/07/05 at 11:47
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Madonna looked really fit! What age is she 46? Well she certainly is a MILF anyway.

I love that Geldof song "I Don't Like Mondays" and I was so annoyed off that it was being sung at a crucial part of the Williams/Davenport tennis match and i was flicking between every 5 seconds!
Sun 03/07/05 at 10:08
Regular
"Swivel!"
My Fave' bits were:

)The Beginning with U2 & Paul Macartney,
)Pink Floyd,
)And Baby you can drive my car.
Sun 03/07/05 at 10:05
Regular
What exactly was Robbie Williams on when he was trying to hit on Fearne Cotton? He reminded me of that little kid they used to have on BBC before Neighbours claiming more Newsround would help him get Fearne.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.