GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Live 8 - The Best Bits?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/07/05 at 21:36
Regular
What are you Live 8 best bits?

I've been watching since Snoop Dogg, but not sure how much I missed before that.

Top of the list is Velvet Revolver. Bough the album today as a spur of the moment thing, hadn't heard a single track off it, but it had been recommended to me.

By their performance tonight, I won't be disappointed - I thought they were amazing.

Second is Joss Stones drummer. A huge black bloke with a funky hat just going for it like mad - and thoroughly enjoying himself by the looks of things - and fair play to him!

Third - The Killers. Can't believe they only did one track but what they did was spot on!
Sun 17/07/05 at 21:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was on my holibags but I taped it.

I stopped watching after Bono whinging on with his pish... actually, I watched Coldplay too and Chris Martin's pish too.
Tue 05/07/05 at 23:38
Regular
"be happy"
No, it wasn't a different line-up. It was Roger Waters!
Tue 05/07/05 at 19:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It was probably a different line up then.
Tue 05/07/05 at 00:21
Regular
"be happy"
Roger Waters played Glastonbury 2 or 3 years ago, and did a few Floyd numbers.

Pink Floyd, I'm pretty sure, have not played since the Division Bell tour in 1994. And that was obviously minus Waters.

The line-up of Waters, Wright, Gilmore and Mason had not played together since 1981 until Live 8.

Ok?!

G8 Summit, A Fraud & A Circus: [URL]http://pilger.carlton.com/print[/URL]

Mon 04/07/05 at 22:07
Regular
"bot"
Blank wrote:
> And er-no, I think Pink Floyd played Glastonbury three or four years
> ago, and it was televised. Someone should have told your Dad.

They haven't played together as that line-up for over 20 years though.
Mon 04/07/05 at 22:03
Regular
"0228"
Peak viewing figures for Live 8: 9.6 million

Peak viewing figures for the I'm a celebrity... final: 10.9 million
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The Who and Pink Floyd stole the show. And Snoop Dogg was surprisingly good, possibly because I didn't expect anything decent.

And er-no, I think Pink Floyd played Glastonbury three or four years ago, and it was televised. Someone should have told your Dad.
Mon 04/07/05 at 16:47
Regular
You cut me so deep sometimes. Shame, man.
Mon 04/07/05 at 15:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
Stryke wrote:
> Big weepy gay, real men don't cry.

Gosh! You're such a fag.
Mon 04/07/05 at 14:24
Regular
Big weepy gay, real men don't cry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.