GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've Played A PSP"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/07/05 at 20:26
Regular
"~DPG~"
I have played one and wasn't too impressed. The DS is much worse though.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Ruddie1"
OOOOOOOOO the load times are more like 3 minutes!! but its worth it. So far i have seen nothing different to the other console versions.
Fri 05/08/05 at 19:27
Regular
"Mozzy"
jerocks9 wrote:
> On about versions and PSP's, when i got my Midnight Club3 it wouldn't
> let me play it until i updated to version 1.5? Anyone else had this?
> Its pretty much the same as my Xbox version, part from it loves
> eating up the bat's power!!

Yeah, you have to update your system to play the game. They've done it to get stop people downloading roms onto their PSPs.

I've heard great things about it, for example like you said the PSP version is almost identical to the console versions which is great for a handheld. But i've also heard about the terrible load times, it takes up to 70 seconds when starting a race which is quite long.

But i've also heard that Rockstar will be shortening the load time for the UK launch.

I just hope GTA PSP doesn't have load times as long as that.
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:35
Regular
"Ruddie1"
On about versions and PSP's, when i got my Midnight Club3 it wouldn't let me play it until i updated to version 1.5? Anyone else had this? Its pretty much the same as my Xbox version, part from it loves eating up the bat's power!!
Thu 04/08/05 at 17:35
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:

> And, yes, Herc, FPW is amazing. I forgot about that. Dunno if I like
> it more than No Mercy (multiplayer being the reason for this), but
> it's waaay better than any of the SmackDowns.

Good man.

You should try multiplayer FPW then.
Thu 04/08/05 at 16:47
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Thinking about getting a usa PSP now, £150 instead of £179! That saving could go on another game Im thinking.
Sat 30/07/05 at 20:48
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Never knew of such version.
Sat 30/07/05 at 20:46
Regular
"bot"
Chr1s wrote:
> No Mercy was unquestionably the best wrestling game to date, but it
> did have one crippling problem...every now and again all saved data
> would just delete itself without warning or reason.

Erm...I just returned mine, waited two weeks and got sent a replacement in the form of the 1.1 version that had the problem fixed...I'd have thought that was the obvious thing to do.
Sat 30/07/05 at 20:38
Regular
"The definitive tag"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Meh, if you like SmackDown better, there's nothing I can do about
> that, other than question your logic. You'd rather play a game that
> goes so incredibly fast that you don't know what moves you're doing?
> No Mercy is slower than it should be, but it's a lot closer to the
> proper speed than SmackDown, which is at least two times too fast.

No Mercy was unquestionably the best wrestling game to date, but it did have one crippling problem...every now and again all saved data would just delete itself without warning or reason.

I know it wasn't just my copy that was duff because they did an article about it on the program "Short Change" one afternoon.

It really was a shame because the rest of the game was so good. Perfectly paced action compared to the frantic and annoying gameplay of Smackdown and the rather thin WWE games that made it onto the Gamecube. It was all spoiled by the fact that you knew you'd inevitably end up having to start again at some point.

I gave up after a while...
Sat 30/07/05 at 20:05
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I got to have a go on one in my local gamestation, and it changed my mind about them, before I wasnt sure but its a mighty fine bit of kit. Im going to get an xbox360 first but will be gotting one of these early next year now.
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
>
> I like games like Final Fantasy, Grand Tourismo, GTA: San Andreas,
> not babyish Mario. Grow up mate.
>
>
WOOT!

It's returned!

Everyone look and smile fondly as another retard is slowly but surely dismantled.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.