GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Earth..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/06/05 at 17:38
"Are you sure?"
A new toy from Google.

[URL]http://earth.google.com/index.html[/URL]

Fly around the globe and zoom...
Mon 04/07/05 at 06:45
Regular
Aside from zooming in on the rides at Islands of Adventure in Florida, trying to find my house in the smudge that is Leeds and discovering crazy new worlds while trying to find landmarks that the search won't bring up, I actually put it to productive use over the weekend, finding where to go from the airport for my hire car and Villa.

It's great - you can tilt the camera down and zoom down a highway, passing all the buildings - they're all flat images though :(

$20 a year to upgrade to 3D modelling and GPS support - it's still in beta though.
Mon 04/07/05 at 01:54
I zoomed right in on the Stadio Delle Alpi in Italy - Juve's ground - and it was crystal clear and everything
You could see the huge beam that goes across the middle, and its shadow

it's unreal
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:43
Regular
Paradox should use this for his next dogging session.
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I imagine their plan is to update the images every 6 months or something like that. Although 25 times per second would be ideal thx.
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
No its streaming the media from the google servers in the same way you stream video. But it's not a video. Imagine if you could see people walking about - the Daily Mail would have a field day.
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:18
Regular
It says 'streaming' at the bottom - it's not a live feed is it?

Like, watch cars driving around and stuff - your very own GTA? :D
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Special Reserve: [URL]http://www.threecircles.co.uk/images/sr_maltings.jpg[/URL]
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:12
Regular
It's already down again :S
Fri 01/07/05 at 12:00
Regular
Are they slowly getting images for everywhere in the world? I'd quite like to see my town from the sky - but at the moment its a big pile of ass.
Fri 01/07/05 at 11:25
Regular
Yeah I downloaded it about half an hour ago. Straight onto the USB stick and I'll take it home.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.