GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New GTA for PS3?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/06/05 at 15:43
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36447&subsectionid=1584[/URL]

I think the screenshot is real...but the info isn't.

What do you think?
Sun 03/07/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Mozzy"
Lou Role wrote:
> Anyway's, don't know anything about GTA4 but I think GTA:PSP could be
> quite good, following Tony Ciprianni through his early years, should
> be pretty interesting. But the big question is, do I spend
> £200 on a PSP with GTA, or £200 on a 360 with the
> brilliant looking Saints Row?

Im doing both, just bought a PSP and I will be getting a Xbox 360 for Xmas. Im trying to sell my PS2 before it gets ridiculously cheap on Ebay.

From the money I get (about £80ish) I will spend that on pre-ordering Pro Evo PSP and GTA PSP.

I really cant beleive how good the graphics are on the PSP, they're absolutely amazing! Wipeout Pure on the PSP has better graphics than all the other Wipeout games, yes - even the Wipeout on the PS2.

I hope with GTA PSP you can put your MP3 tracks on the radio like you can do on the Xbox.

Saints Row looks excellent, cant wait to see more videos of it.
Sun 03/07/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
y2cragie wrote:
> I'd just like to see a better selection of radio stations. San Andreas
> sucked in that department.

Well the 90's were a pretty crap time for music. But at least you can make you're own radio station on the X-Box version, complete with silly ads.

>And the story lines were awful. The missions were mainly tedious at best.

So breaking into a military base and stealing a jet-pack is tedious? Sneaking onto a warship ans stealing a jump-jet and having a dog fight, and blowing up boats is tedious?

San Andreas has great missions.

Anyway's, don't know anything about GTA4 but I think GTA:PSP could be quite good, following Tony Ciprianni through his early years, should be pretty interesting. But the big question is, do I spend £200 on a PSP with GTA, or £200 on a 360 with the brilliant looking Saints Row?
Sun 03/07/05 at 11:49
Regular
I'd just like to see a better selection of radio stations. San Andreas sucked in that department. And the story lines were awful. The missions were mainly tedious at best. Vice city was much better in both those departments.
Sat 02/07/05 at 09:01
Regular
"8==="
It would be quite cool to have a sleazier part of town where the local cops let you Getaway [sic] with such things.

The GTA world doesn't have to have universal rules.
Sat 02/07/05 at 02:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Chr1s wrote:
> It makes absolutely no sense when you're
> on a vigilante mission that you should get a wanted level for wasting
> a criminal. You are helping them out after all.

God dammit man, you're a loose cannon out there and the mayor's busting my balls about your reckless, out of control behaviour. Hand in your gun and badge right now
Sat 02/07/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
Ridiculously big only works if the game's name is Oblivion.

Oh yes.
Fri 01/07/05 at 23:38
Regular
"The definitive tag"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> SA was too big, though.
> Actually, it wasn't too big - it just seemed like it,

Very much so, it is deceptively small. I mean look at the distance between Los Santos and Las Venturas...you could almost stand in the middle and see both cities. It totally destroyed any feeling of space.

It's not like they chose quality over quantity either. In that respect, San Andreas wasn't much better than the enormous but dull "True Crime: Streets of L.A.". Rockstar gave us the worst of both worlds.

Anyway, I would still like to see them go bigger for a PS3 GTA. With the PS3's so called superior power, there's a much better chance they'll be able to combine quality and quantity properly.

There are other aspects that need sorting out of course. The hugely annoying RC missions need to go. We all know just how terribly hard some of Zero's missions were. The police AI could do with a tweaking for the next outing as well. It makes absolutely no sense when you're on a vigilante mission that you should get a wanted level for wasting a criminal. You are helping them out after all.
Fri 01/07/05 at 22:46
"period drama"
Eating wasn't that bad in the end, no - but it was still completely and utterly pointless. It's like they realised how rubbish an idea it was at the end and cut down how often you had to eat.

SA was too big, though.
Actually, it wasn't too big - it just seemed like it, because of the poor game design. Like having to spend 10 minutes after a mission slogging back to safe house to save. And unlocking any secret vehicles seemed totally pointless, because you had to go out to one place to get them, and drive them all the way back if you wanted to use them in a mission - usually getting them smashed up along the way.

Which is why I'd really like to get my hands on GTA - because it could very easily be the best game ever made if it weren't so bloody annoying most of the time.

And loads of missed opportunities ... like why can you only use the uzi on the jetpack? It would have been amazing if you could use all the weapons - carry on as normal, in fact, driving cars and stuff, and just blast off whenever you wanted.
Fri 01/07/05 at 22:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
6 times bigger wont be a bad thing as long as there isn't massive areas of nothingness which take 10 minutes to drive across, it would be a necessity if the game is going online.
Fri 01/07/05 at 22:38
Regular
I thought they shoved massiveness in SA quite well. But we all though eating would be bad but it wasn't really that bad. Maybe you could have a waz in it to keep it going?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.