GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coffee Shops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 20:53
Regular
I was in starbucks today. I don't go to coffee shops that often, usually only if I'm meeting people there, or everyone else wants to go.

I looked at the massive board, with hundreds of different kinds of coffee. Pretty soon the words lost all meaning.
Then I reached the front of the queue.
"I'll have a.. um, regular coffee please."
"What?"
"Just a normal coffee"
The guy didn't have a clue what to do!
"Um, okay... a.. cappaucino.. no, a grande latté..."
"Okay, fine"

It still didn't turn out to be a regular coffee, and he charged me over £2 for it.

It's happened before though - ask for a regular coffee, nobody has a clue what to do.
At least it proves one thing - not even the staff have a clue what all the different versions are.
You must come out of there with more mixing skills than a cocktail waiter.
Sun 03/07/05 at 17:54
Regular
Fft. If they're going to call it a 'filtered coffee' and not even their staff know that it's actually just a regular coffee. Amongst all the moccafrappacappanoveltypointlesschinos it must be easily lost, and you can't really pre-empt what the names all mean.

Plus, I'd have read the whole board, but the queue wasn't twelve hours long.
Sun 03/07/05 at 16:42
"I love yo... lamp."
Starbucks have a "regular" coffee. It's called a filtered coffee and it's just black. You get cream and sugar at the bit where you get straws and stirrers. And it costs something like 75p.

But of course if reading is too challenging for you all...
Sat 02/07/05 at 21:24
Regular
"8==="
Heh,

"You look a right Pret."
Sat 02/07/05 at 21:07
Regular
Hurray! I hope they own the world soon.
Sat 02/07/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The best coffee shop by far is Pret.

Great stuff and not too much choice. I believe they actually have an option of a "coffee" or "tea" for old farts like you, Duck.
Thu 30/06/05 at 18:06
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> I just love iced coffee - it ruleth the world.

Damn right.
Thu 30/06/05 at 03:17
Regular
If you just take regular coffee with milk then go for a café latte.

It's just a coffee made with hot milk rather than water.

Fantastic.
Thu 30/06/05 at 01:16
Regular
Heh, I just thought, they always try to make you use the proper names, don't they?

You ask for a normal coffee, they offer you one of the mysteriously named ones, so it's like you have to choose something by its special (needs) name. They can't just let you not be a coffee nerd.

I'm sure there was a Black Books sketch along these lines.
Wed 29/06/05 at 23:43
Regular
"8==="
Did I write that?

That was paw.

My recollection is rather fuzzy...

and so on
Wed 29/06/05 at 23:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Aha.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.