GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coffee Shops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 20:53
Regular
I was in starbucks today. I don't go to coffee shops that often, usually only if I'm meeting people there, or everyone else wants to go.

I looked at the massive board, with hundreds of different kinds of coffee. Pretty soon the words lost all meaning.
Then I reached the front of the queue.
"I'll have a.. um, regular coffee please."
"What?"
"Just a normal coffee"
The guy didn't have a clue what to do!
"Um, okay... a.. cappaucino.. no, a grande latté..."
"Okay, fine"

It still didn't turn out to be a regular coffee, and he charged me over £2 for it.

It's happened before though - ask for a regular coffee, nobody has a clue what to do.
At least it proves one thing - not even the staff have a clue what all the different versions are.
You must come out of there with more mixing skills than a cocktail waiter.
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:53
Regular
I was in starbucks today. I don't go to coffee shops that often, usually only if I'm meeting people there, or everyone else wants to go.

I looked at the massive board, with hundreds of different kinds of coffee. Pretty soon the words lost all meaning.
Then I reached the front of the queue.
"I'll have a.. um, regular coffee please."
"What?"
"Just a normal coffee"
The guy didn't have a clue what to do!
"Um, okay... a.. cappaucino.. no, a grande latté..."
"Okay, fine"

It still didn't turn out to be a regular coffee, and he charged me over £2 for it.

It's happened before though - ask for a regular coffee, nobody has a clue what to do.
At least it proves one thing - not even the staff have a clue what all the different versions are.
You must come out of there with more mixing skills than a cocktail waiter.
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:57
Regular
"8==="
Yep done that before.

"A standard coffee please"

"..."
Wed 29/06/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I try to avoid them myself.

I stand looking at the board reading the little descriptions and they still don't help me.

I bought a Frappachino once though, it was like vanilla milkshake but it cost me about £3.50.
Wed 29/06/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Walked in, looked at the board, walked out again.
Wed 29/06/05 at 22:15
Regular
"8==="
Yeah you're right, it is a pretentious load of crap but I was at Edinburgh Airport so there was limited choice as to where to go for coffee. :)
Wed 29/06/05 at 23:15
Regular
I recall a Denis Leary sketch about Coffee Shops, emphasising precisely this annoyance. Of course, the coffee shops in Amsterdam are second to none.
Wed 29/06/05 at 23:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Large caramel frappucino.
Sure I've probably murdered a mexican coffee planter, but goddamit that sugar rush gets me every time.

Nyeeeeeowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Wed 29/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I just love iced coffee - it ruleth the world.
Wed 29/06/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Last time I ordered one, the guy was obviously new. He handed me the drink at the end of the counter, I held it in my paw.
I looked at the coffee, then to him.
He looks at me.
To the coffee and then him.
He looks at me quizically.
"Cream?" I ask helpfully
"Huh?"
"It comes rammed with whipped cream and caramel sauce?"
"Does it?"
I point at the picture on the card standing next to his big dumb head

Sure, if he's a molecular biologist I'm going to bow down to his knowledge.
But this is coffee.
Mook
Wed 29/06/05 at 23:24
Regular
"8==="
I'd rather have a cola. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.