GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good News PS2 owners!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 13:25
Regular
If you own a PlayStation2 then I've got some exciting news for you… Datel has just launched the world's first ever 16mb memory card for PS2!

Mega Memory 16 has twice the amount of saving capacity of a normal PS2 memory card,
But costs the same as well. As well as having 16mb of uncompressed storage space to play with, you also get powerful Memory Manager software free, allowing you to load, save, copy and delete lots files easily.

Using Datel's proprietary "Crusher" technology you can also compress your game saves, allowing you to store up to 80 megabytes of data on your Mega Memory 16 card.
That's 10 times the capacity of a small 8mb card - for the same price!

Mega Memory 16 can be bought from all game stores, or from Datel's online store.
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:29
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I dont know just thought I would inform you and it does seem like better value and more for your money!
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Back For Good"
SO,
you'll never fit the amount of space that the PS2 card has.

PS1 games are about 8K which store prefectly on the PS2 card which is 8000K.

Ps2 saves aren't that big either,The hard drive will surely save games anyway so who needs it??
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:40
Regular
I don't think that you'd need much more then 1 gigabyte

That is unless you start downloading entire games :-D
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I doubt it'll even be 40.
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:55
Regular
The HDD will be 40 Gig or possibly 80 though.
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:52
Regular
16MB? aint the Gamecube gonna have somthin like 48MB
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:48
Regular
Hey Zeldapro, was that copied and pasted from somewhere, or has your English got a lot better? :-)

Anyway, thanks for finding the info, maybe in a year or so I may have filled my present card, and need another, though by then there`ll probably be even bigger ones available, or even... the HDD!
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:06
Ok then!
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:03
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Hang on I will do it in a mo! I might need a bit of help I will keep flicking back to here to ask some questions!
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:01
k... well sign up then!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.