GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Bluetones"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/06/05 at 18:10
Regular
"not dead"
Saw them last night at the Met Lounge in Peterborough. Smallest venue I've ever seen them in.

Decent set, comprimising a couple of b-sides, half a dozen album tracks that I'd not heard live for a while, and a bunch of the singles. They were on top form too.

They're back in the studio next week, working on the fifth album, and there's a compilition of b-sides coming out at some point in the future.

I was glad to see them back again, and, by the looks of it, still enjoying it.
Mon 27/06/05 at 18:58
Regular
"not dead"
Not quite, sorry to disappoint. ;o)
Mon 27/06/05 at 18:56
Regular
"SOUP!"
Are they folk music?

I'm only interested if it's Scandanavian folk music..
Mon 27/06/05 at 18:22
Regular
"not dead"
Their first album, Expecting to Fly, is a classic.

Bluetonic, Slight Return, Things Change, Carn't Be Trusted, A Parting Gesture and Time and Again are all excellent (and if I list many more it'll be the whole album)

If... was a fantastic single, and some of their B-sides are amazing too, especially from the early singles. I was a Teenage Jesus was good fun, but The Simple Things, and Don't Stand Me Down are great. They went through an interesting stage of having covers on the b-sides, and some of those are excellent, Pretty Ballerina, for instance, and their version of Woman In Love is just plain strange.
Mon 27/06/05 at 18:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Great band, only got into their stuff recently but some of their tracks are pure brilliance. Autophilia, Solomon Bites The Worm, Never Going Nowhere..

Must acquire some more of their stuff.
Mon 27/06/05 at 18:10
Regular
"not dead"
Saw them last night at the Met Lounge in Peterborough. Smallest venue I've ever seen them in.

Decent set, comprimising a couple of b-sides, half a dozen album tracks that I'd not heard live for a while, and a bunch of the singles. They were on top form too.

They're back in the studio next week, working on the fifth album, and there's a compilition of b-sides coming out at some point in the future.

I was glad to see them back again, and, by the looks of it, still enjoying it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.