GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A little girl, yesterday"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/06/05 at 19:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
So I was walking home from Harlow town centre yesterday, getting quite close to home but still in a fairly built-up area, when I heard a little voice behind me.

"Excuse me!"

I turned but I didn't think it would be for me. It was a little girl, couldn't have been any more than four or five years old. I crossed the road and went to see what she wanted, wary that some sort of angry pedo version of Beadle's About might spring a trick on me at any time.

"Excuse me, can you help me cross the road? No one is letting me."

Aahhhhhh. All she wanted to do was cross the road with her little toy pram and her little doll inside. I made sure there were no more cars coming and made sure she got across the road safely, then I asked her if she knew where she was going, and she said thank you, yes she did, and went on her way.

I wasn't quite sure what to think afterwards. Part of me was happy that there was a small child out there who a) didn't want to steal my wallet or call me a c*** and b) a child that had the sense to ask an adult to cross the road. And yeah, she was sweet and said her pleases and thank yous. Nice kid.

But then the other half of me thought that what kind of parent lets her five year old girl out on a busy road all by herself, next to a pub and shopping centre no less, without making sure she's okay? I'll be the first person to say that the media's constant mugging about 'paedophiles round every corner' is over the top, but around Harlow, you can never be sure who's lurking in the high grass.

I sort of wanted to make sure the little girl got home okay, because let's face it, she could have lived miles away, but then I pictued a tattooed skinhead father whisking her away inside before battering me to death on their doorstep with a rolled up copy of the Daily Star. I dunno, I guess I'm just saying that this whole thing has got out of hand, so much so that even nice people like me are afraid to do a good deed for a good kid incase I get labelled as something I'm not.

She's probably been raped and eaten by now.
Mon 27/06/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Cool!"
I woulda just help her and forget 'bout her!!
Mon 27/06/05 at 21:15
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I recommend a bank heist. Get the balaclavas.
Mon 27/06/05 at 21:11
Regular
I wish I had £4000.
Mon 27/06/05 at 20:34
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Except when you get sued for £4,000.
Sun 26/06/05 at 15:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Hedfix wrote:
> Little girls suck.
>
> I have the videos.

yeah, me + limewire = everybody wins.
Fri 24/06/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Light of the world"
Hedfix wrote:
> Little girls suck.
>
> I have the videos.

o hedfix..

Yea still cant think of what to say to that remark *slaps instead*
Fri 24/06/05 at 08:16
Regular
"long time"
:(
Fri 24/06/05 at 07:26
Regular
"8==="
Little girls suck.

I have the videos.
Fri 24/06/05 at 07:12
Regular
"long time"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> ..i was full of respect and nodding my head in agreement - till the
> last line
>
>
> what are you like!
>
> sheesh
>
> *puts shades on and continues to wade through high grass*

What is with the last bit ?

Aww feel sad after reading this :(
Thu 23/06/05 at 18:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
Lil Ginge wrote:

> *puts shades on and continues to wade through high grass*

You going Gucci hunting?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.