GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where are the England flags then?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/06/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
C'mon all you patriots, it's that time of year again.
A major sporting event is upon us, one we actually host year after year, and yet I haven't seen one solitary flag in a car or displayed from a house window.
I guess we'll have to settle for yet more isolated shrieks of "GWON TIM!!!!" and endless "This year?" reports in tabloids accompanied by the inevitable "I'm touching cloth" pose he seems to feel indicates personality [URL]http://www.overcompetitive.com/sponsored_athletes/henman_bio.gif[/URL]

So why the lack of flags symbolising your patriotic duty to...er...watch it on the tv then?
"Because he sucks and we never win"
Not like International Football championships then...
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:32
Regular
"not dead"
It'll be Union Jacks (sorry, Flags) when a Scot gets further than English Tim...
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:36
Regular
"8==="
Patriotic duty?

Sport?

Pffft.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:38
"period drama"
I doubt anyone will realise he's Scottish, or just ignore it for "England's new hope!" before crushing the little guy under millions of tonnes of pressure then screaming at his failure to meet with our expectations.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:52
Regular
"8==="
Yes let's all live the best of our lives through sports...
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:00
Regular
"bot"
Everyone seems to have forgotten about the Canadian one now.
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:02
Regular
"8==="
Drug addict that he is.
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:14
The difference between Andy and Tim is that Andy is actually good at tennis.
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:16
"period drama"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Everyone seems to have forgotten about the Canadian one now.

And he actually won more easily than Tim. Yey England!
And then he'll lose next round. Stupid Canada!
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:47
Regular
"Colourless"
Tim is actually good at tennis... He's been in the top ten for the last 10 years or something like that, which proves how good he is.
BUT, he's been unlucky that while he's been attempting to win Wimbledon, he's had to compete with Pete Sampras and Roger Federer, who were/are so much better than everybody else on grass. Thus he will never win it. Murray might have a chance in about 10 years, when he's big and Federer has retired....
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:48
Regular
"Colourless"
Oh and everyone knows that:
- If an Englishman wins something he is English
- If a Scotsman wins something he is British
- If at Scotsman loses he is Scottish.

That's the sad way in which this country works.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.