GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"+ and -"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/06/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Not a Jew"
+ Finished exams
- Failed biology

How much do AS repeats cost?
Tue 21/06/05 at 17:46
Regular
College pwnz.
Tue 21/06/05 at 17:19
Regular
"bot"
his second GCSE year. He did it in one year, leaving a lot of empty space in the second year.
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm still confused (learning an AS in the second year?) but "current conditions" (:D) aren't helping, so I'll just leave it.
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:29
Regular
"bot"
He did the GCSE early and in the second year is going to do two AS modules, but the college he's going to does the AS on a different exam board, so those modules are worthless.
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:28
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm still not with it...

If you're doing a follow on subject at AS that requires a previous GCSE, then despite moving schools/exam boards, you should still be able t do it.

However, if not this would be a waste of a GCSE, not the fact you did it early. Unless you had to do another GCSE to go with it as well, which you implied you didn't have to.

In short, how does an EARLY GCSE affect your choice at AS?
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:23
Regular
"\\"
Clazon wrote:
> Emitime wrote:
> I just found out today that me doing my GCSE a year early was pretty
> much pointless unless I stay on to do Sixth Form at my school.
>
> ?

Because now this year we're doing two A-Level modules. And to have them count as anything, we need a third to make it an AS level, which would require staying on at my school to do sixth form, which I don't want to do, I'm off to a college instead, and the college does a different exam board. So the two modules I'll have done will mean nothing.

Thus meaning that doing the GCSE a year early means nothing.

Apart from I get to miss lots of lessons in college because I'll have covered all the work already.
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:22
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Emitime wrote:
>
> Which I'm not.

Surely you'll have a year of not being old enough to do anything?
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Emitime wrote:

?

The whole mind set at our school (:'}) was to fail first time round and then just take them all again at A2 and get full marks...
Tue 21/06/05 at 15:58
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Rai wrote:
> Sounds like a plan.

It worked for me!
Tue 21/06/05 at 15:38
Regular
"\\"
I just found out today that me doing my GCSE a year early was pretty much pointless unless I stay on to do Sixth Form at my school.

Which I'm not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.