GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instead of..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
Instead of looking at consoles and games that are a year or two years into the future same with games why not talk about some games that are a couple of months or so away.

THere are lots of games that I am so much looking forward to on lots of different formats although I cant actually play any PS2 games unless Im at my friends house.

First for the PC. I'd say that the PC is one of the most powerful machines at the moment for playing games although it is not a games console.
Return to castle Wolfenstein. This is one of my most anticipated PC games along with some others that I will mention. This game is all about war and the Germans Nazis. This game has blood, gore, a great multiplayer and a Sniper Rifle heh, heh!
The second game for the PC that I am looking forward to is Mafia. This looks like a great game set in the 1930s in America and is a Driving/adventure/Shooting type of game a bit like driver 2 but very different in a game.
And Thirdly is one of the most goreiest shootem ups in the World...Soldier of Fortune 2 this is set on a Quake 3 engine only tweaked a bit and is over flowing with eye-balls and blood.

The GBA one of the most anticipated consoles for me as well as some great and longly anticipated games. And all on June 22. First up is Spiderman...I loved the PSX and DC games and I am sure this will be as good or maybe better on the 32 bit handheld, since it already has some great shots!

Secondly is Mariokart, I have this game in a box somewhere for my snes and I have it on my shelf with all my other N64 games both classic Nintendo games and along with Super Mario no Nintendo console would be complete.

And finally F-Zero Maximum Velocity, it is going to be the fastest version ever created and on a HANDHELD. Just like on the SNES version a long time ago. But now on a great upcoming handheld, that plays four player multiplayer with one cart, has great graphics, the ultimate speed and import friendly.

Now I used to own a PS2 but now I dont because mine broke then it got fixed then it broke down again so now I couldnt give a toss about what happened to it although it has some good games and some good graphics I sold it so now I can sell some games to my friends or go and play on his and I still look at some of the games and some of the ones that look good are:
Robocop. The film was OK but the game looks great packed with action, smooth framerates, great gameplay, smashing effects, and some of the best graphics around. A great looking FPS if you ask me.
Rune Viking Warlord also looks a stunner, You have to stop destruction of the end of the world or something in this good looking adventure game.
And Grand Theft Auto 3 its now in 3-D and looking better than ever the screenshots I saw blew my mind at first I didnt think they were the right screenshots but I was wrong this game looks amazing and definately must be bought when it comes out.

The Dreamcast slowly but surely dying. I only recently got my Dreamcast as a present and some of the games I have noticed coming up that look promising would be...definately Sonic Adventure 2 I already own number one and it is great to play although I absolutely hate the camera angles and it looks as if that has been improved along with the gameplay and the graphics tha' lil blue hedgehog never looked better.
But the DC dosent have much lined up for it now although last month it was overloading with great new games like the Skies of Arcadia.

Same with the N64 it had lots lined up, it still has a few but now one of the good ones is Mario Party 3 MP1 & 2 were great fun to play I found personally and even greater fun with my best mates, and 3-D gaming this time.
Also Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. Another good looking game set for the N64 in July that plays a lot like Zelda 64...great.

And last but not least the PSone only a couple of games I am actually seem interested in like X-men Mutant Academy 2, I liked the first one, I thought it was OK. It had some good graphics but it did get a bit boring doing the same moves a lot of the time. But in this version the moves look new and more powerful with a couple more added in and I felt that this was a game looking into.
Like some of the other consoles there was a lot of great games that were set to come out and have already come out like FF9, C-12 Final Resistance.

I would just like to talk about something that was still in the future of gaming but only by a couple of months not a year or two away.

Thanx for reading (if you read all the way to the bottom that is)

ZP.
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:55
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I kknow its just I was about 7th or something at the start of halfterm and I was really chuffed and then I went away and all my hard work was useless as I had dropped back down to 18!
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:52
IT is not a race to the top ZP!
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:50
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I am number 12 or 13 and Im trying to overtake number 10 uh oh its you...no hard feelings!
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:47
I am no. 10 in the 30 days I think.
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:46
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Number 96 actually...I think...well last time I checked anywhoo!
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:23
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Glad to see someone else has this problem.....no that doesn't make sense. Waheey I am on the top 100 posters list no. 99 hopefully I will continue to rise up the ranks. Does anyone know why it says I just arrived today, but it says that I registered 2 days ago.
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, I know the feeling. All to often I look down the list and all I see is

Today xx:xx new!
turbonutter
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:12
Regular
No I did not have a Tommy Tank so shut up. I think my explanation was good enough.
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:11
Regular
What? Did I say something wrong. Its just that this happened last nite when I had my name for all of the new message in the top like 10 forums. What did you think I meant?
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What exactly can you do at night by yourself?

errr...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.