GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instead of..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
Instead of looking at consoles and games that are a year or two years into the future same with games why not talk about some games that are a couple of months or so away.

THere are lots of games that I am so much looking forward to on lots of different formats although I cant actually play any PS2 games unless Im at my friends house.

First for the PC. I'd say that the PC is one of the most powerful machines at the moment for playing games although it is not a games console.
Return to castle Wolfenstein. This is one of my most anticipated PC games along with some others that I will mention. This game is all about war and the Germans Nazis. This game has blood, gore, a great multiplayer and a Sniper Rifle heh, heh!
The second game for the PC that I am looking forward to is Mafia. This looks like a great game set in the 1930s in America and is a Driving/adventure/Shooting type of game a bit like driver 2 but very different in a game.
And Thirdly is one of the most goreiest shootem ups in the World...Soldier of Fortune 2 this is set on a Quake 3 engine only tweaked a bit and is over flowing with eye-balls and blood.

The GBA one of the most anticipated consoles for me as well as some great and longly anticipated games. And all on June 22. First up is Spiderman...I loved the PSX and DC games and I am sure this will be as good or maybe better on the 32 bit handheld, since it already has some great shots!

Secondly is Mariokart, I have this game in a box somewhere for my snes and I have it on my shelf with all my other N64 games both classic Nintendo games and along with Super Mario no Nintendo console would be complete.

And finally F-Zero Maximum Velocity, it is going to be the fastest version ever created and on a HANDHELD. Just like on the SNES version a long time ago. But now on a great upcoming handheld, that plays four player multiplayer with one cart, has great graphics, the ultimate speed and import friendly.

Now I used to own a PS2 but now I dont because mine broke then it got fixed then it broke down again so now I couldnt give a toss about what happened to it although it has some good games and some good graphics I sold it so now I can sell some games to my friends or go and play on his and I still look at some of the games and some of the ones that look good are:
Robocop. The film was OK but the game looks great packed with action, smooth framerates, great gameplay, smashing effects, and some of the best graphics around. A great looking FPS if you ask me.
Rune Viking Warlord also looks a stunner, You have to stop destruction of the end of the world or something in this good looking adventure game.
And Grand Theft Auto 3 its now in 3-D and looking better than ever the screenshots I saw blew my mind at first I didnt think they were the right screenshots but I was wrong this game looks amazing and definately must be bought when it comes out.

The Dreamcast slowly but surely dying. I only recently got my Dreamcast as a present and some of the games I have noticed coming up that look promising would be...definately Sonic Adventure 2 I already own number one and it is great to play although I absolutely hate the camera angles and it looks as if that has been improved along with the gameplay and the graphics tha' lil blue hedgehog never looked better.
But the DC dosent have much lined up for it now although last month it was overloading with great new games like the Skies of Arcadia.

Same with the N64 it had lots lined up, it still has a few but now one of the good ones is Mario Party 3 MP1 & 2 were great fun to play I found personally and even greater fun with my best mates, and 3-D gaming this time.
Also Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. Another good looking game set for the N64 in July that plays a lot like Zelda 64...great.

And last but not least the PSone only a couple of games I am actually seem interested in like X-men Mutant Academy 2, I liked the first one, I thought it was OK. It had some good graphics but it did get a bit boring doing the same moves a lot of the time. But in this version the moves look new and more powerful with a couple more added in and I felt that this was a game looking into.
Like some of the other consoles there was a lot of great games that were set to come out and have already come out like FF9, C-12 Final Resistance.

I would just like to talk about something that was still in the future of gaming but only by a couple of months not a year or two away.

Thanx for reading (if you read all the way to the bottom that is)

ZP.
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Instead of looking at consoles and games that are a year or two years into the future same with games why not talk about some games that are a couple of months or so away.

THere are lots of games that I am so much looking forward to on lots of different formats although I cant actually play any PS2 games unless Im at my friends house.

First for the PC. I'd say that the PC is one of the most powerful machines at the moment for playing games although it is not a games console.
Return to castle Wolfenstein. This is one of my most anticipated PC games along with some others that I will mention. This game is all about war and the Germans Nazis. This game has blood, gore, a great multiplayer and a Sniper Rifle heh, heh!
The second game for the PC that I am looking forward to is Mafia. This looks like a great game set in the 1930s in America and is a Driving/adventure/Shooting type of game a bit like driver 2 but very different in a game.
And Thirdly is one of the most goreiest shootem ups in the World...Soldier of Fortune 2 this is set on a Quake 3 engine only tweaked a bit and is over flowing with eye-balls and blood.

The GBA one of the most anticipated consoles for me as well as some great and longly anticipated games. And all on June 22. First up is Spiderman...I loved the PSX and DC games and I am sure this will be as good or maybe better on the 32 bit handheld, since it already has some great shots!

Secondly is Mariokart, I have this game in a box somewhere for my snes and I have it on my shelf with all my other N64 games both classic Nintendo games and along with Super Mario no Nintendo console would be complete.

And finally F-Zero Maximum Velocity, it is going to be the fastest version ever created and on a HANDHELD. Just like on the SNES version a long time ago. But now on a great upcoming handheld, that plays four player multiplayer with one cart, has great graphics, the ultimate speed and import friendly.

Now I used to own a PS2 but now I dont because mine broke then it got fixed then it broke down again so now I couldnt give a toss about what happened to it although it has some good games and some good graphics I sold it so now I can sell some games to my friends or go and play on his and I still look at some of the games and some of the ones that look good are:
Robocop. The film was OK but the game looks great packed with action, smooth framerates, great gameplay, smashing effects, and some of the best graphics around. A great looking FPS if you ask me.
Rune Viking Warlord also looks a stunner, You have to stop destruction of the end of the world or something in this good looking adventure game.
And Grand Theft Auto 3 its now in 3-D and looking better than ever the screenshots I saw blew my mind at first I didnt think they were the right screenshots but I was wrong this game looks amazing and definately must be bought when it comes out.

The Dreamcast slowly but surely dying. I only recently got my Dreamcast as a present and some of the games I have noticed coming up that look promising would be...definately Sonic Adventure 2 I already own number one and it is great to play although I absolutely hate the camera angles and it looks as if that has been improved along with the gameplay and the graphics tha' lil blue hedgehog never looked better.
But the DC dosent have much lined up for it now although last month it was overloading with great new games like the Skies of Arcadia.

Same with the N64 it had lots lined up, it still has a few but now one of the good ones is Mario Party 3 MP1 & 2 were great fun to play I found personally and even greater fun with my best mates, and 3-D gaming this time.
Also Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. Another good looking game set for the N64 in July that plays a lot like Zelda 64...great.

And last but not least the PSone only a couple of games I am actually seem interested in like X-men Mutant Academy 2, I liked the first one, I thought it was OK. It had some good graphics but it did get a bit boring doing the same moves a lot of the time. But in this version the moves look new and more powerful with a couple more added in and I felt that this was a game looking into.
Like some of the other consoles there was a lot of great games that were set to come out and have already come out like FF9, C-12 Final Resistance.

I would just like to talk about something that was still in the future of gaming but only by a couple of months not a year or two away.

Thanx for reading (if you read all the way to the bottom that is)

ZP.
Fri 01/06/01 at 21:27
Indeed. The thing with the PC is that there has been a short spell with few games of interest but that is just passing. As you can see from the map, we have a RTS front moving along in the form of Z:Steel Soldiers (Z2) looking impressive with good gameplay if not the best graphics in the world. We'll be having a slight chill in a short time but there are plenty of patches of FPS to cheer us up, the one ZeldaPro mentioned Return To Castle Wolfenstein should impress us until we are warm inside with it's flamethrower, excellent graphics, nice selection of guns, fear inducing undeads and of course that great feeling of nostalgia for anyone who played the original. Another FPS patche is Red Faction with it's excellent particle effects, futuristic fun, level editing promises and of course the fully destructible scenery which will allow for some interesting gameplay, especially in multiplayer (it's hard to deal with people raiding your fortress when you have no walls left).

We can expect to see showers of genre-bending games coming in from the West (or indeed East, South and North... well maybe not North exactly), mostly in the forms of the aforementioned Mafia and a little later Republic: The Revolution. Mafia being a healthy mix of historic gangster fun in the era of Al Capone (in the fake town of Lost Haven, or Heaven... one or the other) including assassination, car theft, beating people, bomb planting and even message delivering (I knew you'd like the sound of that one). Republic will have similar fun but in the more wide spread area of creating a dictatorship, with the main character sending out lackeys to do various tasks such as making speeches, dealing with enemy lackeys (bribes, beatings and bullets!) and an extremely wide variety of ways to make money, obtain influence and of course the most fun resource, force. The game is intended to give a lot of freedom in the way you go about gaining popularity and taking over the towns, cities and eventually the capital and you will be able to do a lot of the things you could do in the real world.

We may be in the line for a hurricane of RPGs all promising to be excellent, what with the release of the Baldur's Gate 2 expansion pack, Torn, Dungeon Siege and various others. Torn looks set to be a step forward (toward the ever present Neverwinter Nights, once thought to have been an illusion caused by CFCs in sprays but now seen to be a real possibility) with it's 3D graphics and a nice mix between the more hack and slash antics of Icewind Dale and the deep involving plotlines of Planescape: Torment. Dungeon Siege is also favoring the much loved hack and slash antics but is going for easy free flowing puzzles which are perhaps a little more complex than Diablo's get item, bring back but less puzzling than the large back and forth and what was it I was doing again style quests. Also in chilling 3D it shows that the RPG has moved into a new age with the rise and rise of 3D RPGs that actually look fun. The only reason Dungeon Siege may suffer is that it is being made by Microsoft and so will be shunned by many people as evil, if they were to give it a chance though it might just be enjoyable (like Age of Empires, never forget who made that).

Finally there is the much anticipated Massively Multiplayer First Person Shooter, Planetside, which should be bringing a blue sky for all with that love for internet fun. Looking set to be a great graphics, great gameplay, great teamplay, great vehicles, great guns and just generally great sort of game it should have something to appeal to anyone with a modem. While it may experience problems similar to that of Ultima Online, it will no doubt get plenty of subscribers and so be able to be very successful. Another thing is that they may even be able to advertise on the world and so save the subscribers money since there are peaceful futuristic cities which would probably look more authentic with billboards and adverts in them (considering the way we have plenty of adverts nowadays). While the advertising idea is one of my own and in no way suggested as a possibility for the game (to my knowledge) it is something that people should suggest to the people making Planetside because it would probably work (although it may slow connections which would be bad and so perhaps not worth it).

That's all we have time for, now to the summary.
(Many excellent RTSs , FPSs , RPGs, MMOFPSs and everything else you ever wanted all heading to your PC).
Fri 01/06/01 at 21:32
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Hmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting. Some good points but unfortunately I have nothing interesting ot add. Everyone go to my What will they do next? post.
Fri 01/06/01 at 21:53
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
OK
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:05
Regular
I am afraid I am leaving now be back in the morning.
CUL8R.
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:11
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
CYA!
Sat 02/06/01 at 10:27
Regular
Where is everyone. I am practically the only one here. ooh deja vu last nite springs to mind.
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
MJswerve wrote:
> Where is everyone. I am practically the only one here. ooh deja vu
> last nite springs to mind.

Is there something we should know?????
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:08
TBN and TW creep of to leave swerve by himself...
Sat 02/06/01 at 11:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What exactly can you do at night by yourself?

errr...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.